- During the period of carrying the baby, the female body becomes very susceptible to various kinds of irritants. Against this background, most representatives of the weaker sex in the body begin to take place not quite pleasant changes that provoke the development of allergies
- Of course, if a woman was prone to allergic reactions before pregnancy, then she knows exactly how to quickly eliminate the source of irritation and remove all unpleasant symptoms
- But if a similar problem began to develop during pregnancy, then a woman in labor must definitely seek help from specialists. After all, if the body of the future mother does not function correctly, then this will quickly affect the well-being and development of the small person
Causes of Allergies During PregnancyEven your favorite pet can become an allergen
Pregnancy has a pretty strong effect on the female body. It becomes much more difficult for him to serve off aggressive environmental attacks and recover quickly after them. Most of all, in this case, the immune system suffers, because now it has to protect not one, but two organisms.
Because of this, she ceases to cope with her main function and a pregnant woman has an allergic reaction even to those products and cosmetics that she really liked before.
Allergy during pregnancy: causes:
• Poor-quality cosmetics
• Adverse Environment
• Regular stress
• Synthetic materials
• Taking some medications
• Propensity to allergic manifestations
• Presence of animals in the house
First trimester allergyPregnancy allergy treatment requires an allergist consultation
- In the first 12-14 weeks of pregnancy, the female body experiences a big shake. The future mother has a sharp increase in hormonal levels and toxicosis appears. It is the latter and may be the most important causative development of allergies in the early stages
- Therefore, if you know for sure that it was toxicosis that became the main factors for the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, then just patiently wait for the body to completely rebuild and not perceive your little miracle as something alien
- In this case, you can do without taking medication. After all, from the very beginning of pregnancy, the antiallergic substance cortisol begins to be produced in the body of a woman. Ideally, it will be able to independently cope with allergies and remove all its symptoms.
- But if the unpleasant manifestations do not go away, but only intensify, then consult a doctor immediately, because even a banal nasal congestion can provoke oxygen starvation of the baby
Allergy in the second trimester of pregnancyHoney is considered a fairly strong allergen.
- By the beginning of the second trimester, the pregnant body is already completely rebuilt, so it becomes much easier for him to deal with various kinds of diseases. But even during this period, the lynx of allergy development persists. It can be triggered by food additives, exotic fruits, sunlight or common dust
- Therefore, the future mother should especially carefully draw up a diet and regularly clean the room in which she spends her time. Sometimes such measures help calmly pass this stage of pregnancy and avoid the negative impact of allergens on the body of a future person.
- And if you still feel that your body does not perceive any substances, then immediately take action and remove the source of irritation from yourself. It may not stop the development of allergies, but the disease will be much easier
Third trimester allergyAllergic renitis
- Starting from week 28, the baby begins to form immunity. And this means that the female body can hardly resist external factors. In a large number of mothers, it is in the third trimester of pregnancy that such an unpleasant phenomenon as toxicosis begins to appear again
- Therefore, it is very important that during this period the weakened female body does not attack allergens. Try to eat exclusively homemade and freshly prepared food with a minimum amount of spices
- Also exclude from your diet purchased juices, absolutely all citrus fruits, pineapples and herbal teas. In general, it will be better if you are engaged in the prevention of allergies throughout your pregnancy. So you can easily transfer pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby
Symptoms of allergies that may appear in the third trimester:
• Strong redness of the eyes
• Swelling of the extremities
• Nasal congestion
• Rash throughout the body
Pregnancy allergy: effects on the fetusAllergy medications are quite toxic.
- Almost every woman who has allergies during pregnancy is very worried that her problem does not have a negative impact on the development of her child
- Of course, the condition of a small person directly depends on the health of the mother. But nevertheless, we can definitely say that allergens have almost no effect on the baby’s health
- The placenta reliably protects the child from the negative effects. Only drugs that a woman will take can be harmful. Therefore, antiallergenic tablets are usually prescribed only if treatment therapy does not harm the baby
The consequences of taking medications:
• The baby’s heart system may not work well
• Blood flow worsens
• Less oxygen enters the placenta
• Dramatically decreases the amount of nutrients
• Normal development of the nervous system is disrupted
Pregnancy allergy: what to do?Household chemicals are considered a very strong allergen.
If you still could not avoid the pathology, and it is quite difficult, then consult an allergist and immunologist without fail, hand over all the necessary tests and strictly adhere to all the recommendations. So you can avoid negative consequences and get rid of allergies in a short time.
Measures to help rule out complications:
• Give blood for analysis
• Do a skin test
• Try to get rid of unpleasant symptoms
• Avoid contact with allergens.
• Follow a hypoallergenic diet for a while.
• Use household chemicals as little as possible.
• Buy only natural care products
What pills can be used for allergies during pregnancy?Allergy pills
Absolutely all antihistamines sold in pharmacies have the same effect on pathology. The therapeutic substances that are in their composition quickly suppress mast cells and thereby stop the further development of an allergic reaction. But if such treatment only helps an ordinary person, then a pregnant woman can do even more harm.
In addition to the fact that it can make a woman drowsy and inhibited, it can worsen the baby’s health. Therefore, before you start taking this or that drug, think about what consequences you can get in the end.
And remember, any treatment during pregnancy should be prescribed by a doctor, only he can choose a dosage so that it does not harm the health of the future person.
Drugs for the treatment of allergies during pregnancy:
Drops from an allergy during pregnancyDrops Marimer
One of the most common symptoms of allergies is nasal congestion. Everyone knows that you can get rid of this problem only with special drops and sprays. Therefore, the first thing a woman does is run to the pharmacy and buy the most common vasoconstrictor. But such a rush can turn into even bigger problems.
If you drip your nose with such a drug for a long time, then there is a chance that you will develop intoxication. Harmful substances that enter your body will begin to have a negative effect on the baby’s organs, and he will not be able to develop correctly. Therefore, if you have to use nasal drops, then give preference to a non-hormonal antihistamine spray.
List of drops that pregnant women can use:
• Aqua Maris
Pregnancy allergy ointmentAntiallergic ointment
Although the ointment itself cannot cure an allergy, it can remove as much as possible unpleasant symptoms such as severe itching, swelling, and dry skin. But, as in the case of drops, preference should be given to those ointments that have minimal negative impact on the body.
It’s necessary to use such drugs, because if the pregnant woman combes the places of the rash, then there is a chance that an infection will get into the body, which will provoke the development of more dangerous diseases.
Substances that may be in antiallergenic ointments:
• White clay
List of ointments:
How to treat allergies in pregnant women: tips and reviewsEliminate all allergens from your environment
Although allergy is a rather unpleasant phenomenon, with the right approach, you can get rid of this problem quite quickly. And most importantly, to do this without consequences for both your body and the baby. The key to your success will be a timely visit to a doctor and well-chosen therapy. And if you want to, in general, avoid such problems, then do not forget about prevention.
• Eliminate honey from your diet
• Do not carry wildflowers home
• During the flowering season, limit your outdoor presence
• Give up all bad habits
• Do not forget to regularly air the apartment
Sveta: I have known allergies since childhood. When poplar fluff starts to fly, I blister all over, start sneezing and itching. Usually, as soon as the first symptoms appeared, I ran to the pharmacy, bought pills, ointments and drops closed, at home and waited until it all ended. And when I became pregnant all the symptoms began to manifest even more strongly. For some reason, the drugs prescribed by the doctor did not help me and my health worsened day by day. Friends advised me to change the climate and go to sea. Although my term was quite long, we still decided to take a chance. Three days after arrival at the place, my condition returned to normal and until the end of pregnancy the allergy no longer appeared.
Yuliya: At the very beginning of pregnancy, a rash began to appear on my body. Just a day later, itchy pimples disappeared on their own. I decided that I just ate something wrong and calmed down. But two days later, the rash reappeared and nasal congestion was added to it. I had to go to an allergist, take an analysis and drink pills. In the end, it turned out that the barter is allergic to animal hair. Therefore, I had to refer my beloved cat Vaska to relatives. I hope when the baby is born I can take my beloved pet home.