In this article we will consider the cleanest seas in Russia, Europe and around the world. We also learn about the first and honorable place among the cleanest seas of the world.
One word "sea" evokes beautiful pictures in the head, where waves roll onto clean sand. The sea is warmth, relaxation and relaxation. If you think in terms of the planet, then we have enough seas. There are clean reservoirs, but there are not very, even very polluted.
Of course, everyone would like to swim in the clear sea. Therefore, we suggest exploring which sea you can give first place in the "cleanest" nomination. And also find out where to look for it and whether it is possible to swim in it at all.
TOP 6 of the cleanest seas in the world
A characteristic feature of each of the seas is the presence of its outlines, different coastlines, as well as the existence of fabulous bays, bays, paradise lagoons, islands and peninsulas. And also estuaries and limitless beaches. Let’s look at the most famous seas that are included in the list for the “cleanest sea”.
Sea of History - Dead Sea
- The sea is washed by the shores of three countries: Israel, Palestine and Jordan. In them, not only the coasts are common, but also a story that dates back to biblical times. The first written mention of the Dead Sea dates back to the 2nd century BC. It is found in the works of the Greek scientist Pausanias.
- It is believed that it was near the shores of this reservoir that two biblical cities were located, which the heavenly punishment suffered - Gomorrah and Sodom. The Qumran manuscripts were found in caves of the environs, and this is another confirmation of the veracity of biblical legends. 29% of their text is a study of biblical principles.
- The sea is not in vain the dead, because it is so salty that no one in it can survive from living organisms. And this is not in vain, because such a sea has 300% percent salinity. In such conditions, neither fish nor other organisms will live. The body of water covers an area of approximately 810 km². Its maximum depth can reach 306 meters.
- Thanks to this, water has a unique composition, which includes the healing substances of iodine, a lot of bromides and magnesium chloride. The sea provides a unique natural healing complex. Not only water is good for health, but also dirt from its bottom.
- This object has earned the attention of millions of tourists. Hotels, resorts and medical complexes have long grown on its shore, only the sea itself needs help. Its waters dry up, and the level drops annually to 1 meter.
Sea with an interesting location and relatively large area - Sargassovoye
- As far as we know, the seas are washed by shores from three sides. But this sea is unique in that it is located at a considerable distance from any coast. And its location in the Atlantic Ocean. The sea is separated from the ocean by 4 currents: the Gulf Stream, the North Atlantic, the Canary and the North Passat.
- The area of such a sea is significant - approximately 6-7 thousand km². Again, the currents play a role, since their strength and directions determine the approximate value of the sea.
- But the most interesting thing is that such a sea has no clear boundaries. It contains a lot of sargassa algae, which covers 90% of the total area. By the way, this is precisely why the depth of such a reservoir is relatively small - a little less than 7 km.
- The water in it is warm, which is quite logical. After all, she manages to warm up. Therefore, this sea is full of various animals of wild fauna. The temperature ranges from 18 to 28 ° C. In winter and summer, respectively.
Not too reminiscent of the sea in which I would like to swim
Important: Due to such a crossroads of currents, a spot with plastic waste has concentrated in this sea, which resembles a Pacific garbage spot. After all, currents from various corners bring all the waste to one place. And this threatens the ecology of our planet. Yes, and a large accumulation of algae can negatively occur.
Another most salty, but also the purest sea is the Red Sea.
- You can find the Red Sea on the map, if you look towards the Arabian Peninsula. It is the sea that shares it with the African continent. It was formed in one of the tectonic depressions that is located near the Suez Canal.
- This is the most salty sea of those that became part of the oceans. Not a single river flows into it, which means that it does not enter fresh water into the salt waters.
- The sea has another name that it is called in biblical texts - the reed sea. It is very warm, because it ensures its geographical location. 2/3 of the area of 440 thousand km² is located in the tropical zone.
- On its shores you can visit, coming to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan and other coastal countries. It is rich in beautiful coral reefs and paradise islands of various calibers. The most famous islands are Hanish, Farasan, Suakin.
- The sea is considered crystal clear for the same reason that no river pours silt, garbage and sand into its waters. The sea is very salty. If you take a liter of water, then it will be 41 g of salt. Warm clear waters are the key to a good rest, so it is so popular among tourists.
- The coldest period comes in winter, but you can’t say the same in terms of temperature. After all, the air reaches +25 ° C, the water heats up to +20 ° C. In the summer there is unbearable heat at all. Air warms up to +40 ° C, and water - up to +27 ° C. All the advantages of the Red Sea, as they say, on the face!
- Incidentally, the name of the sea was due to flowering algae, which during its flowering period dye the water in a reddish color.
Intercontinental Sea - Mediterranean
- “Sea in the middle of the earth” - the name of the Mediterranean Sea sounds so literally. It has access to the Atlantic Ocean and the Strait of Gibraltar. To be more precise, the Mediterranean Sea alone is a union of individual seas, which are considered part of its water area. This part includes: Marmara, Adriatic, Ionian, Cretan and other seas. The familiar Black and Azov Seas are also part of its basin.
- If you look at the map, the Mediterranean Sea washes three continents at once - Asia, Africa and Europe. At the same time, it occupies a huge area of 2.5 million km². The average pool depth is 1541 m.
- The sea is beautiful, clean and warm. It is rich in colorful bays and green islands. The most famous places are Sicily, Cyprus, Sardinia, Crete and other popular tourist islands. Many rivers flow into the sea, the most famous of which is the Nile.
- The average sea temperature in winter is + 12-17 ° C depending on the region. In summer, the average is +25 ° C. Also, the Mediterranean Sea is the main source of seafood such as squid, octopus, spiny lobsters, crabs, whose meat is a delicacy for us.
The sea that saw the birth of ancient civilizations - Aegean
- The Aegean Sea is located off the coast of Turkey and Greece. It has a connection with the straits of the Dardanelles and the Bosphorus, as well as with the Black, Marmara and Mediterranean Seas. It boasts a huge number of islands in the region - there are about 2000 of them.
- The pond covers an area of about 179 thousand km². At the same time, it is washed mainly by low mountain ranges. The depth on them varies from 200 to 1000 m. If you know islands such as Lesvos, Crete and Rhodes, then you are correctly oriented. After all, they are located in the Aegean Sea. The water in the sea is warm in summer - +25 ° C, cool in winter - maximum +15 ° C.
- The sea has a rich history. Its shores saw the development and destruction of such states as Ancient Greece, Rome, the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. And it is also named after the king of Athens - Aegeus, who dropped into his waters from a high cliff, learning about the death of his beloved son at the hands of a minotaur. Nowadays, the sea itself and its many islands are a very popular tourist route.
Andaman Seathat is familiar with tsunamis and earthquakes
- The highlight of the sea is an extinct volcano, which is located at its bottom. By type, it is a semi-enclosed sea with access to the Atlantic Ocean. The area of the object is 605 thousand km². Depths vary, there are places with a depth of 1043 m, but the maximum figure reaches a mark of 4507 m.
- The sea bears the name of the deity revered in Malaysia - Andaman. The region is often shaken by earthquakes and, as a result, tsunamis. The strongest tsunami occurred in 2004. But this does not scare tourists who love the warm waters of this sea.
- After all, +26 ° C is the minimum temperature of the surface of the water. The most popular destination among travelers is Thailand and its resorts. The most famous islands are North and Small Andaman.
The cleanest sea in Russia
This sea complements the list of the cleanest seas in the world. True, you can’t buy it.
- White Sea - This is the inland sea, which is completely located on the territory of the Russian Federation. The small sea occupies a relatively small area of 90 thousand km². The deepest place is 343 m, but a depth of 67 m is more common.
- There are many small islands on the sea. The most famous are the Solovetsky Islands. There are beautiful bays, and the coastline is rugged. Many rivers dissolve in these clear waters. Mezen, Onega, Kem and other rivers flow here.
- The water temperature does not rise above 16 ° C, and in winter it drops to zero and - 1.7 ° C. For more than six months, the White Sea is covered with impassable ice. Floating ice floes drift through the waters, the thickness of which can reach 1.5 meters. Basically, fishermen live here, catching 296 tons of fish per year. While this is not a very popular tourist route.
Are the Black and Azov Seas included in the list of the cleanest seas?
Some of the lovers of resort seas since the days of the USSR. Let us take a look at the clear and clear water of each of them.
- Let's start with the smallest sea, whose area covers 39 thousand km² - the Sea of Azov. It does not occupy a place of honor among the cleanest seas, but it does not replenish the ranks of dirty reservoirs. More precisely, some parts of it belong to one category a little, while others can strike with their pollution, especially at the end of the summer season. But it is worth highlighting one thing - this sea is a relatively warm sea, since it has a shallow depth of 7.5–13.5 m in different parts.
- But regarding the Black Sea we can say for sure - this is one of the most polluted seas in the world. Yes, that sounds extremely sad. But it was in it that hydrogen sulfide deposits were found. Scientists have not found out its cause, but there is a theory that this is due to the decomposition of flooded living organisms.
- But on the other hand, it has over 400 thousand km² of area and 1400-2200 m of depth. It is also worth noting that the long coastline and close industry also contributed to the pollution of the reservoir. Runoff from fields with substances such as nitrates and phosphates flows into it.
- Moreover, this list is also replenished with oil products and wastewater from the Dnieper, Prut and Danube. All this negatively affects the flora of the sea. Therefore, this sea often meets guests with blue-green algae, which grow abundantly in the summer. One can’t ignore the massive fishing of fish, which negatively affects the ecology of the sea.
- But, nevertheless, its beaches remain the beloved place of vacationers from different countries. Our advice is to choose places far from the polluted cities and industrial facilities.
The cleanest sea in Europe
More often the seas are in the tropical zone. And near the African continent. Not all, but most of them. Let’s look at the European-style sea, which also claims to this nomination. By the way, their location did not run far.
- Adriatic Sea semi-closed, it gently washes the shores of sunny Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina. And also colorful Croatia and incredibly beautiful Montenegro. It is part of the Mediterranean Sea.
- The area of the facility is significant - 144 thousand km². Depth can be found different: from 20 m in shallow water to 1230 m in depth. The Adriatic Sea is rich in islands, for example, the Dalmatian peaks of coastal ranges - Hvar and Pag. And also it flaunts with beautiful bays, among which the most famous are the Venetian, Trieste and the Gulf of Manferodia.
- The water temperature at different times of the year is also different: the maximum is +26 ° C, and the minimum is only +7 ° C. Such delicacies beloved by many, such as oysters and mussels, often come from the waters of the Adriatic Sea. They are caught here on an industrial scale.
- And now for the pleasant. There are resorts on these shores, and some of us have known for a long time, for example, Dubrovnik. You can also visit Split - an old city in Croatia. What is only Makarska Riviera - a unique resort region with beautiful beaches, the length of which is 60 km. Another famous riviera that is visited by millions of tourists is the Venetian. The coast of this sea in each country is different and, at the same time, equally rich in attractions.
What is the cleanest sea in the world: its size and location
The sea is not just salt water, waves and the coast. This is an important part of the oceans. The seas are characterized by a limitation with the open part of the ocean, as well as isolation by land. The seas can be marginal, inland and inter-island. All of them are different in type and classification, and on average they number from 70 to 80 seas on our planet.
- The famous book of records called Weddell Sea the cleanest in the world. This crystal sea stretched off the coast of cold Antarctica. It washes the Antarctic Peninsula from the west, and in the east, the Land of Cots.
- The Weddell Sea has a maximum depth of 6820 m. But only the northern part is so deep. The depth that occurs more often is 3 thousand meters. In the western part there are places where the depth is only 500 meters.
- The area occupied by the facility is 2.92 thousand km². The sea, although clean, will not be able to relax there as a family. This is the land of glaciers and icebergs that break off regularly.
- The temperature of the southern part of the sea is -1.8 ° C. It’s hard to sail on ships, and all because of constantly drifting glaciers. The thickness of some can reach 2 m.
- The sea bears the name of its discoverer, James Weddell, a then famous Arctic explorer. In 1923, this scientist discovered a new reservoir for the world as part of an English expedition. At first it bore the name of King George IV, and only since 1900 has the previous name.
- The purity of the sea was determined using Secchi's disk - a circular tool that helps determine the ability of a material to transmit light and its degree. If you believe this disc, then distilled water, purified without foreign elements, has a throughput of 80 meters. This is his maximum performance. The Weddell Antarctic Sea is not much inferior - 79 meters, which is even a little surprising.
It is probably possible to list and put all the seas in the rating for water purity, but whether such a subjective point of view will be correct. There are many factors that affect this indicator. One of them is our human activity. We also sometimes become the cause of dirty sea waters. All of the above seas have clean and clear waters - this must be appreciated and protected!