The article will help parents gather their child in the garden and prepare him for this event from a psychological point of view.
The first time in kindergarten is a responsible and exciting event for mom and baby. How to prepare a child for kindergarten not only in terms of buying the necessary things, but also mentally?
What documents are needed in kindergarten?
In Russia, to take a child to the garden, you will need:
- Parent Identity Documents
- Direction (ticket) of the commission on determining the child in the garden
- Application addressed to the head of the kindergarten for the admission of the child to the kindergarten
- Copy of compulsory insurance policy
- Copy of the birth certificate of the child (original show)
- The medical card of the child form No. 026
- Vaccination prophylactic card form No. 063
- A certificate from the pediatrician that the child is healthy and has not been in contact with infectious patients. Help valid for 3 days
- If you have payment benefits, then supporting documents
- If a child requires a special speech therapy group, then a medical certificate confirming the need to visit such a group
- If the child is allergic to products that are given in the garden, then a medical certificate from an allergist about the presence of allergies
What kind of doctors do you need for kindergarten?
- Therapist. This is the first doctor you and your child should visit. He evaluates the general condition of the child, gives directions to the following doctors and, based on the results of passing the commission, issues a certificate of the required sample
- Otolaryngologist. ENT reveals in the presence of the most common problems of the nasopharynx for children: adenoids, tonsillitis, curvature of the nasal septum. If these problems are found, the doctor decides on treatment
- Ophthalmologist. As a rule, the examination is aimed at identifying the following problems: long-range or nearsightedness, squint. When identifying them, prescribes treatment
- Neurologist. Trying to find out at the reception whether there are neurological abnormalities: hits the knee with a hammer, checks the vestibular apparatus and coordination
- Surgeon. It looks at the condition of the spine, feet, posture. If necessary, gives recommendations or prescribes treatment. Also examines the foreskin and testicles in boys
- Dentist. Identifies problems with a child’s teeth, such as early childhood caries. Be sure to examine the bridle and check the bite.
- Speech therapist. For children up to 3 years, a speech therapist gives only recommendations in the presence of some features of speech, since up to 3 years, speech is still established. After 3 years, in order to avoid more serious speech defects, the doctor gives a referral to a speech therapy group in the garden or strongly recommends a course of treatment with a speech therapist
IMPORTANT: If you see that the doctor examined your child quite superficially, require a more careful approach. This is especially true when you yourself suspect that something is wrong.
What does a child need to buy in kindergarten?
- Clothing (read more below)
- Replaceable bag
- Stationery (read more below)
- Clothing for the pool, if available (read more below)
- Bib for eating
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Comb for girls
- 2 handkerchiefs
- Hand and foot towel
- Toilet paper
IMPORTANT: Before heading to the store, be sure to ask for the list you need in kindergarten, so as not to buy too much and, conversely, not to lose anything
Clothes for kindergarten
IMPORTANT: Clothing should be simple, without intricate fasteners made of natural materials, comfortable
Choose clothes according to the season for the street and the air temperature in the group to be indoors.
For the street in autumn and spring:
- Pantyhose (2 pairs in case of getting wet)
- Socks (2 pairs in case of getting wet)
For the street in winter:
- Pantyhose are warm (2 pairs in case of getting wet)
- Warm socks (2 pairs in case of getting wet)
- The jacket is warm
- Jumpsuit (pants + jacket)
For the street in the summer:
- Tights in cold weather
- Cotton light socks
- Skirt, shorts, dress, pants (according to the weather)
- Jacket (according to the weather)
- Cap, Panama
- Windbreaker (by weather)
For the group choose clothes based on the temperature inside:
- Jacket (at a temperature of 20 and below C)
- The dress
- Pantyhose (at a temperature of 22 and below C)
- Pants instead of tights
IMPORTANT: There should always be a spare set of clothes in the child’s closet. After all, if a child gets spilled, you may not be able to quickly bring dry and clean clothes to him.
If the garden has a focus on physical fitness, then check with the teacher for a list of the necessary physical activities.
General clothing requirements:
IMPORTANT: When choosing clothes for a child in the garden, choose the one that your child can put on himself
- Underpants. Only cotton. They should not subside and should not be very dense. The child should easily put them on and not correct them every time they strive to fall
- Pantyhose. Often tights after washing shrink. After that, they hardly fit on the child. Do not put such tights on the baby, otherwise he will not be able to put them on, and the nanny will spend a lot of time on this while other children will be waiting. The elastic should not crush
- Socks. Only cotton so that the leg does not sweat
IMPORTANT: Underpants, socks, tights should be 3-4 spare pairs. A child may not always go to the potty on time. And the legs can sweat. For these cases, there should always be replacement kits. T-shirts and other things in which the child walks in a group should be 1 in a stock, since at lunch the child can splash around
- Skirts. Girls can wear skirts in the garden, but it’s not very convenient, because you will not be there to pull it off if necessary. If you want to wear a skirt, then choose a skirt-shorts - this is both beautiful and practical
- Shorts. Must be on an elastic band. Buttons and buttons will make dressing your child difficult
- Mikey. Pay attention to the throat. It should not be so narrow as to hardly fit on the child. But it is also undesirable that it was on the buttons, since the child is unlikely to fasten them if necessary. T-shirts for the street choose with a sleeve, albeit very short. Keep your shoulders open in the sun.
- Sweatshirts. One jacket on the lock or buttons let it always hang in the closet. The rest should be, like T-shirts, not narrow, but not wide-necked. For going to the street in spring, autumn and winter, sweaters without fasteners and with a high neck (“golfiki” among the people) are very good. The child will easily put them on and the throat will always be closed
- Dresses. A very beautiful outfit for girls, but not very comfortable for the garden. The child can sit on the floor, and the dress lifts up. On the street it is inconvenient to play in the playground. But it is your choice. If you see your baby only in beautiful dresses, then wear dresses
- Pants. Better if they are on an elastic band. They should not be narrow so as not to hamper the child’s movements in a group or on the playground and not cause the child problems with pulling on himself. In autumn and cold spring it is good if the pants are windproof
- Jacket / windbreaker. It is good when outerwear with a hood. This will protect the child from the wind or unexpected rain. Even better, when an elastic band is installed on the hood, which is tightened in the shape of the head. Both ears and throat will be protected. Do not buy wide models, even if they are very fashionable. The child will play with the children on the playground, and the wind will blow out under the jacket. If the baby at this moment is sweating, then the probability of getting sick grows at times. It is very good when there is a tightening elastic at the bottom of the jacket. Better to stand the collar. You can unfasten it at any time, but in bad weather it will help out a lot. Cuffs are also preferable to choose on an elastic band, so that the wind does not blow
- Winter coveralls. One-piece jumpsuit is good because it is quickly worn and it is not blown away by the wind. Separate jumpsuit is good because you can put on a jacket just before the exit, so as not to sweat, while others only wear pants. It is good when rubber bands are sewn on the trouser leg, which are worn on the boot. So, the child’s leg will not be exposed during active movements. The requirements for cuffs, hood are the same as for jackets / windbreakers (read the previous subparagraph)
- Cap. It should be on the ties, despite the fact that the caps without ties look more stylish. In groups, as a rule, 20 people. The caregiver may well not notice that your child’s ear is sticking out. A hat will be good for the garden. The child will easily dress her himself, and his ears and throat will always be closed. For summer, choose a cap or panama
- Gloves. It is better to connect them with a rope so that an inattentive child does not lose them. And it is better when they are tall, to prevent sand, snow from getting through the sleeves
- Scarf. It is necessary if the jacket does not have a standing throat. You can also wear a scarf so that not the throat of the jacket rests on your face, but a pleasant warm scarf
IMPORTANT: Dress the child according to the weather. If the whole group of 20 people is warm and your child is cold, then it is unlikely that everyone will go to the group. But the child should also not sweat from the abundance of clothing, since the risk of the disease becomes very high
In the garden, the child always walks in shoes. Replaceable shoes are desirable. With small children, different incidents can happen. For the street, choose shoes according to the weather.
- Buy open sandals or sandals for a group.
- Feet should not sweat in the selected shoes.
- Shoes should be comfortable, should not cause discomfort to the child
- Buy Velcro shoes at least for children under 4 years old, or until you see the child’s skill in fastening Velcro-free shoes
- Do not buy shoes that only have laces. Let the lock be on the side, otherwise the child will have difficulties with shoes
- Keep your rubber boots in the locker for the fall.
Before purchasing stationery, specify their need for kindergarten.
- Gouache (6 colors)
- Paint brushes: thin and thick
- Colored paper
- Color cardboard
- Colour pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Pencil case
What does the child need in the pool in the garden?
IMPORTANT: Requirements for things for the pool may vary in the gardens, so first check with the teacher this point.
List of necessary:
- Hat for the pool on the head. This is done for hygiene purposes. Rubber will be more uncomfortable for the child, but often it is what they require in the pool. Although the rag will wet the hair, it will be more pleasant for the child to be in such a hat
- Rubber slippers. Crocuses have proved themselves well: in it, the child’s leg does not slip out
- Shower accessories: washcloth, soap
- Large towel
- Bathrobe to walk from the shower to the pool
- Swimsuit / swimming trunks
What do you need for graduation in kindergarten?
The most interesting thing for a child, especially for a girl is to wear a beautiful outfit for graduation. This is the element without which the graduation will not be graduation. Everything else depends on the graduation scenario: gifts, accessories, jewelry.
Psychological preparation of the child for kindergarten
The psychological preparation of the child for the garden is a very painstaking, and sometimes very difficult process. Some children from the first day in the garden feel confident and calm. And some, after a month, do not want to be there for more than two hours. It depends on the nature of the child, his confidence and fears.
Differences in temperament.
- Melancholic. Such a child always demands to fulfill his whims, does not tolerate refusals, does not like new people, freaks out about trifles, rolls tantrums, is closed, does not want to communicate with anyone except at home, constantly requires attention. Of course, such a child would not want to go to the garden. You will have to endure his tantrums and screams
- In the garden, a child can behave aggressively, as he is still forced to be there. He will have problems with friendship. It is difficult to persuade such a child to go to the garden, but it's still worth trying. Tactics: do not force and, moreover, do not drive by force
- With such a child, be prepared that the adaptation will be delayed, and the exit to work may be delayed. There will be no sense that you will send such a child to the garden by force: he will be hooligan or just sad in the corner
- Find the benefits of visiting the garden that may interest your child: for example, the fact that there will be new toys. Or look for a compromise: the child goes to the garden, and then you will buy a new toy every weekend. The optimal age for sending such children to the kindergarten is 5 years
- Phlegmatic person. This is a calm child, without any problems. He knows how to play alone. But in the garden it adapts poorly, because it wants to go to the mother’s home in the home. In the garden, such children do not cry, but also do not have fun. They spend a sad day waiting for mom to come.
- Parent tactics: encourage the child, if possible, give him in the garden his favorite toy, which he can put in the closet, or give bedding from home. So, the baby will feel more comfortable and cozy
- Choleric. These are active children who like to fool around, run, jump and draw attention to themselves. Such children love to be in the spotlight, therefore, in the garden they will organize peculiar groups of pranks
- Such children bring a lot of trouble to their carers with their not always useful, but indefatigable energy. Tactics of parents: there is no sense in trying to crush activity in a child, it just needs to be directed in the right direction. The best age for adaptation is 3-4 years
- Sanguine. This is an active child who loves communication and new experiences. He will gladly go to the garden, chat with children, play all games. But, as soon as the games become boring for him, the child will cease to want to attend the garden
- Such children should be sent to the garden earlier than the rest, but choose a garden where children are not left to their own devices, and where they will be entertained each time with new activities. Then you will not see problems with the adaptation of your child in the garden
What should a child be able to do for kindergarten?
By the time the child is sent to the garden, he must:
- Wean from the nipples
- Learn to eat with a spoon
- Learn to walk on the potty
- Learn how to dress minimally
- Learning to fall asleep relatively independently
So that sending a child to the garden does not become a cause of anxiety for you and the child, prepare for this with all responsibility.