This article lists the reasons why the skin around the nails and cuticle dries, causing discomfort and discomfort.
Why the skin around the nails dries very much, coarsens on the arms and legs: the reason
Do your hands dry? Does the skin rough around the line of the nail plate? These are all the reasons for the lack of moisture in the skin! In addition, too many keratinized “dead” cells have gathered around your nails.
What affects the appearance of too rough and dry skin?
There are several factors:
- Aggressive household chemicals
- Not very high quality soap
- Skin diseases
- Excess sun
- Natural aging processes
Dryness can be of varying intensity and, depending on what reason caused the development of the problem, treatment should be planned.
IMPORTANT: Depending on the state of health, age and lifestyle, the treatment method may vary.
If you want to get rid of unpleasant sensations, tenacious burrs, an unkempt appearance of the hands and the fact that the skin around the nails dries, you should first contact a dermatologist to diagnose the cause.
The reasons may be:
- AVAILABILITY OF BAD HABITS. First of all, we are talking about the habit of nibbling pieces of hard skin around the nails and the nails themselves.
- WEATHER. For example, climate change or too long exposure to the sun.
- DISEASES Such as yeast, attacking fingers (on the arms and legs), as well as diseases, are akin to psoriasis and eczema.
- AVITAMINOSIS. Those. lack of certain vitamins in the body. As a result, the skin dries, exfoliates, crackes and coarsens.
- Plenty of moisture. Extremely long exposure to water, plus exposure to soapy, detergent, aggressive chemicals.
The skin around the nails dries: what vitamins are missing?
Lack of vitamins is the most common problem, why the skin around the fingernails dries. This problem can be encountered not only by children, but also by adults.
How to understand that you have exactly this problem?
According to such signs:
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin exfoliation
- Significant visual impairment at dusk
- Frequent allergies
- Frequent respiratory diseases
- Weak immunity
Dry skin on fingers and nails
Treatment consists of consultation with a general practitioner and replenishment of a deficiency of vitamins by correcting nutrition and taking medications.
The skin around the nails on the arms and legs dries: causes
Yes, if the skin dries around the nails, it brings physical discomfort and aesthetic disturbances. But, you must understand that this symptom is simply a SIGNAL of your body. You must accept it and fix the problem.
In addition to the skin, you should examine the health of nails. You should worry only when you notice your nails:
- Disturbed form
- With growths and "humps"
- With stripes
- Too thin
- Too thick
- Turn blue
In many cases, the nails do not "talk" about diseases affecting the fingers, but they signal violations of work inside the body:
- PROBLEMS OF THE THYROID. Characteristic features: nails are very fragile and often exfoliate.
- DRY OR UNLIMITED MUSHROOM. The appearance of growths, hardening of the skin, a change in the color of the plate.
- Dehydration of the body. Not only the skin around the nail dries. Throughout the body, it can peel off. Nails whiten, covered with stripes.
The skin around the nails dries and peels: diseases
If you notice that the skin is drying around the nails and peeling appears on your body and hands, which are sometimes even accompanied by an unpleasant itch, this may indicate:
- Climate change
- Lifestyle change
- Age-related changes
- Overdrying skin
- Excessive sun exposure
- Exposure to chemicals
What to do about it:
- Change habits
- Use moisturizers more
- Drink more fluids
- Eliminate potential sources of negative skin exposure
- Contact a dermatologist
Dry, rough, chapped skin on the cuticle and around the nail may indicate the presence of dermatitis.
Dermatitis on the hands:
- Allergy. It differs in itching, redness, unpleasant sensations.
- Seborrhea. The same as psoriasis.
- Atopy. Skin inflammation. It often leads to the appearance of painful cracks, which worsens the course of the disease.
The cuticle and the skin around the nails dry thoroughly: treatment methods, moisturizing
Dry and rough skin around the plates should be treated based on the causes of the problem and the doctor’s diagnosis.
General recommendations for action if the skin around the nails dries:
- Don't take your fingers
- Try to keep your fingers as small as possible in a hot environment (bath, shower, wash).
- Drink a norm of water per day
- Humidify the room in which you are
- Do not injure dry skin even more (biting off burrs, etc.)
- Moisturize your hands more often with creams, lotions, oils
- Take a multivitamin
The skin around the nails dries, the cuticle on the arms and legs coarsens - how to get rid: tips
The main thing that you should do if your skin around the nails dries is to try to solve the problem by changing your lifestyle and instilling good habits:
- Wash dishes with gloves
- After water procedures, apply creams and oils on hands
- In winter, be sure to wear warm gloves, socks (do not allow hands to freeze)
- Buy a special humidifier for your home, or place water containers around the house
- Do not use cheap cosmetics, prefer natural or pharmacy
- Get hand oil at home (olive, flaxseed, pumpkin - it doesn’t matter)
The skin around the nails on the hands and feet hardens and dries: reasons - what to do, how to soften the skin?
Overdried skin on the fingers, cuticle, and around the nail is often a cosmetic problem. Treatment should be safe so as not to give you even more unpleasant consequences.
Your best bet is to turn to "home medicine." These are the same tips that were passed down from generation to generation and gave effect when the skin dries mercilessly around the nails.
Does the skin around the nails on hands and feet harden and dry? You can also soften the skin with the help of special ointments that are purchased in pharmacies. As a rule, they have a base of petroleum jelly. Cosmetic gloves give a good effect.
If you are not ready to eliminate dryness medication, folk methods will help you.
What to do if the skin around the nails dries: home remedies and methods
What tools will help you avoid cases when the skin around the nails dries:
- Wet towel. Necessarily warm. They can moisten their fingers, alleviating unpleasant symptoms. If the problem of dryness is not global, the softened skin of the cuticle can be cut with manicure scissors.
- Honey. It is able to relieve inflammation and remove itching. You should do hand masks in 20 minutes, completely revealing the "problem areas" with honey.
- Scarlet. This plant has the natural ability to relieve inflammation and soften the skin, as well as fight infections. It is good to use on the affected areas or completely on all hands.
- Chlorine Oddly enough, a weak solution of bleach can have a very positive effect on the hands if a fungus is wound in them or on the nail plates.
- Olive oil. Qualitatively eliminates dryness and gives a pleasant feeling to the skin.
- Nail and skin care. An important component of your health, so try to always keep them clean and beautiful.
What to do if the skin around the nails dries: reviews
The skin around the nails dries: reviews
Daria: "I have a stupid habit of cutting my skin with my fingernail and picking out a piece of dried skin. As a result, the" dry "case ends with wounds that heal for a long time and painfully. I will listen to the advice of the article and will regularly smear my hands with oil!"
Tatyana: “A very good remedy is scarlet concentrate. It helps not only heal the wounds, but also softens the skin. You can buy it ready-made or just tear the scarlet leaf out of a living plant. Remember that the scarlet is stored only in the refrigerator! Besides, it’s a cool liquid very pleasing to the skin! "
Valeria: “After I began to go to the master for manicure, I noticed that the skin around the nail grows much more intensive and faster than it was before. The master said that it’s quite natural, because the cuticle essentially protects the nail, and therefore clearly fulfills its mission! To prevent this from causing discomfort, simply lubricate your skin regularly with cuticle oil! "