Treatment of cough in adults and children. Medications and folk remedies.
Cough is a protective reaction of the body that acts on irritants. Many factors, both external and internal, can act as provocateurs. Any cough is considered individual.
Some symptoms need to be eliminated, while others, on the contrary, should be provoked. Methods of treatment, as a rule, will depend on the personality of the patient's body, on the causes that cause coughing.
The best expectorants, syrups for dry and wet cough in children: a list of inexpensive and effective drugs and application
The occurrence of perspiration is associated with a wide variety of diseases. Many people cough if they begin to inhale overdried, heated air. And there are those in whom the cough appears involuntarily.
Chronic cough occurs due to irritation of the mucous membrane of the throat and nose from smoke, environmental factors, allergic reactions, runny nose, asthma ... Some chronic lung diseases can also cause coughing.
We list all the reasons due to which, as a rule, a cough appears.
- Viral infection
- Fungal disease of the respiratory organs
- Air pollution
In children, the causes of coughing are almost similar. And not every parent knows what kind of medicine to give his child, so as not to harm him even more.Cough treatment
We offer you a list of inexpensive and at the same time effective means that will help you cure a child:
- Alteyka. An effective, expectorant syrup that helps with dry cough. The drug is made from natural ingredients, while it has a pleasant, sweet taste.
- Pirtusin. It is recommended to give to children whose age is more than 3 years. The basis of the product is thyme extract, the taste of the medicine is sweetish.
- Linkas. The drug is a combined exposure, made from extracts of violets. The Altai root and hyssop are also added to the medicine. Syrup kills bacteria, relieves inflammation. The advantage of the drug is the absence of a side effect, therefore, it can be given to children up to a year old.
- Dr. IOM. A complex product based on herbal extracts. It has an expectorant effect, dilutes mucus, and promotes its excretion. The medicine can cause allergies, so it must be taken with extreme caution.
- Dr. Tyss. Expectorant drug, which contains plantain. It has a sweet aftertaste, so the child will not refuse to take the medicine. The syrup is able to stimulate hypersecretion of mucosal plaque, as a result of which it will easily depart.
- Ambrobene The drug is considered quite strong. It is recommended to give syrup to children older than 2 years. If the doctor permits, then you can give the medicine to a child younger than one year old. The taste of the syrup is raspberry.
- Gedelix. The drug, which contains only plant components. The syrup does not contain flavorings and preservatives, therefore, it can be taken by small one-year-old babies.
- Omnitus. An excellent, inexpensive drug. Relieves inflammation, has mucolytic and bronchodilating qualities. Children under 6 years of age can be given syrup, and older children can be given pills.
- Bromhexine. Pills that can be given to children from 3 years.
Herbion expectorant: instructions for use
KRKA produces 3 types of syrup. They differ from each other in the active components used.
- 1st syrup - plantain added
- 2nd syrup - ivy is added
- 3rd syrup - primrose is added
Drugs that contain ivy and primrose help cure a wet cough. Syrup with plantain is intended for the treatment of dry cough.
- Herbion stimulates expectoration of mucus, converts a dry cough into a moist, accelerates the healing process.
- Facilitates cough, soothes due to herbal components.
- Strengthens the immune system, as it contains vitamin C and many trace elements. Increases the amount of oxygen in each cell, stimulates the production of interferon, which fights against infectious microbes.
The course of treatment during a strong inflammatory process or an infectious disease lasts up to 21 days. In order to cure the cough of an old man or smoker, you need to take syrup until all the symptoms disappear.
Children's treatment may be different. It all depends on the age of the child.
- For children under 7 years old, the dose is: 5 ml, 3 times a day.
- For children under 14 years old, doctors recommend this dose: 10 ml, 3 times a day.
- For children over 14 years of age, doctors prescribe the following dose: with a particularly strong cough, 10 ml, 5 times a day.
Mukaltin for cough: how and to whom can I use it?
Many people for some reason doubt whether it is worth taking this drug. Doctors advise taking mucaltin for each symptom, of course, if it appeared due to a lower respiratory tract disease. As a rule, a medicine is taken simultaneously with such drugs:
- Anti inflammatory
- Using this medicine will thin the mucus. At the same time, a protective, soothing film will appear on the surface of the respiratory tract, as a result of which irritation will disappear.
- The pain will become milder, a dry cough after 3 days will become wet, the patient will begin to expectorate sputum.
- Mukaltin softens a wet cough. It is recommended to take up to 2 weeks. The dose is: 2 tablets, 4 times a day, only before meals. If the patient has severe symptoms, a protracted disease, then treatment must be repeated again.
- A child under 3 years of age or a pregnant woman should be prescribed a course of treatment by a doctor. If the cough is acute, then the medicine can be drunk before bedtime so that the symptoms disappear and you can sleep peacefully.
The best expectorants, syrups for dry and wet cough in adults: a list of inexpensive and effective drugs and application
Coughing can cause a lot of discomfort, therefore, it must be treated. Below we have compiled a list of drugs that includes the most effective and affordable drugs.
Dry Cough Medicines:
- Falimint Very similar in its own qualities to menthol. It can cause a feeling of coolness and freshness in the oral cavity. The mucous membrane does not dry out, it begins to act even after the first dose. The form of release of the dragee, which must be absorbed.
- Libexin. It has a triple property: after it, the excitability of nerve endings decreases, a strong cough disappears, and irritation decreases. It is recommended to take during dry cough. A positive effect appears after 4 hours. It happens in the form of tablets or syrup, so it can be given even to children.
- Codelac. The basis of the drug is medicinal plants. Available in tablets, syrup, elixir. The medicine can reduce excitability, increase the viscosity of mucus. You can not take the drug for a long time, since it causes dependence.
- Halixolum. This medicine is considered one of the effective means, since a positive result appears 30 minutes after consumption. The release form is syrup, but the medicine has some contraindications.
- Lazolvan. The effect of the drug appears 30 minutes after consumption and lasts for 10 hours. After it, the cough becomes easier, the mucus liquefies, and irritation decreases. Release form: tablets, syrup, solution for inhalations.
- Ambrohexal. The drug has pronounced qualities, therefore, he was able to establish himself in the domestic market.
- Omnitus. Release form: tablets, syrup. After it, inflammation is significantly reduced, the body begins to actively fight the infection, and coughing becomes easier.
Wet Cough Medicines:
- ACC. It is able to thin the mucus, relieve coughing attacks on the first day of administration. The medicine relieves inflammation, but doctors do not recommend taking it to pregnant women and those women who are breastfeeding.
- Dr. IOM in tablets. The drug is herbal production.
- Broncholitin. A very popular drug, since it suppresses the epicenter of cough, it can cure even strong respiratory diseases, remove mucus, and relieve swelling of the mucosa.
- Bromhexine. The medicine is well tolerated, therefore, it can be prescribed even to children.
- Ambroxol The drug released in Bulgaria. It happens in the form of syrup, has a pleasant smell and raspberry flavor.
The best expectorants, syrups for dry and wet cough in pregnant women: a list of inexpensive and effective drugs and application
Choosing a drug during pregnancy is a difficult task. And not even every doctor can do it, since it can harm the fetus. Therefore, the drug is selected with special care and only after the benefits for the mother are evaluated and harm to the baby is excluded. What kind of medicine can I take? Consider the best options.
- Lizobakt. Available in tablet form. The active substance of the drug is lysozyme. The drug must be absorbed, not chewed or swallowed.
- Gramicidin. A medicine that kills bacteria has almost no general effect. You can not take it yourself without consulting a doctor.
- Libexin. A medicine in which the active substance is prenoxdiazine hydrochloride. The drug is recommended to be taken during pregnancy, but carefully.
- Stoptussin. Assigned to a pregnant woman during a dry, irritating and painful cough. It is used orally, after eating, does not chew.
- Bromhexine. After it, the viscosity of the mucus decreases, therefore, its excretion is accelerated and facilitated.
Llearning expectorants, syrups for dry and wet cough in nursing mothers: a list of inexpensive and effective drugs and use
Do not be afraid to take a cough medicine while breastfeeding. Antibodies that are found in milk help the baby's body eradicate the infection.
There are a huge number of drugs that help get rid of cough. But besides them, the young mother needs to follow some rules:
- Drink plenty of drinks so that the body does not lose fluid.
- Humidify the air so that the mucus does not dry out in the nasopharynx and airways.
- Ventilate the room more often. This is necessary so that the room is cleaned of pathogens.
Now we list directly the drugs.
- "Herbion". The product is made from natural ingredients, therefore, quickly eliminates the cough.
- "Prospan". It contains ivy extract, effectively cures cough during pregnancy.
- Ambrobene. The main component of the drug is ambroxol. This substance does not enter the milk, therefore, it is considered safe during breastfeeding.
- Fluimucil. Doctors also allow nursing mothers to take this medicine. The main component of the drug is the amino acid acetylcysteine. Sold in powder or tablet form.
- Hexoral. It inhibits the negative flora in the larynx for 12 hours.
- Tantum Verde. Relieves inflammation, does not affect the composition of milk, does not harm him and the baby.
- Chlorophyllipt. The main ingredient of the product is eucalyptus leaves, which help to cure cough faster.
Bronchodilator drugs for children and adults from dry and wet cough: list, application
Modern types of bronchodilators come in several categories:
- Methylcasites. These are short-term and long-lasting plasters. Theophylline is the main component that makes up their composition.
- Beta2 adrenergic agonists. They can be both short-term and prolonged. Such drugs relax smooth muscles, suppress inflammation, reduce bronchial hyperactivity, and increase the release of surfactant.
- Means for inhalation. There are short and long. M-anticholinergics block the action of acetylcholine on receptors.
- Kromon stabilizers. Reduce seizures, reduce the dose of additional drugs.
Best expectorant herbs for treating cough in adults, children, pregnant women and with HBV at home: list and prescription
Herbs are divided into 2 groups: against dry and wet cough.
- Plantain. Kills microbes, softens the mucous membrane, relieves pain, cuts mucus.
- Chamomile. It has a calming property. Chamomile is a natural antiseptic.
- Ledum. This plant relieves spasms, irritation. Ledum is also able to expand the bronchi, enhance the secretion of mucus.
- Thyme. It is an antiseptic and calming plant, quickly heals the mucous membrane, and carefully removes mucus.
- Parmelia Discharges mucus, after which it easily leaves. Also, the plant eliminates pain, irritation, soothes cough.
- Coltsfoot. Increases the secretion of the mucosa, gently removes mucus, relieves the inflammatory process.
- Mullein. This plant discharges mucus, neutralizes, kills pathogenic microbes.
- Clover. It is considered a calming plant, perfectly remove mucus.
- Linden flowers. They neutralize, anesthetize, envelop the mucous membrane, remove sputum.
- Lungwort. Relieves the inflammatory process, fights against microbes, promotes easy excretion of mucus.
- Sage. Natural antiseptic, an ideal remedy that relieves inflammation.
- Mint. A plant that removes irritation is an excellent sputum-removing product.
- Dill seeds. Destroys microbes, clears airways.
- Fennel. Disinfects, fights microbes, improves sputum excretion.
- Thyme. Natural antiseptic that promotes the easy removal of sputum.
- Comfrey. Soothing and softening plant.
- Eucalyptus. This plant contains essential oils. They soothe, improve the coughing of mucus.
Alternative expectorants for dry, wet cough, bronchitis: recipes
During bacterial and viral diseases, you can drink decoctions that help against coughing. They are made from herbs and other natural components that give excellent treatment results. Consider the most effective among them.
- Linden and elderberry. Take the same amount of ingredients. Pour boiling water 4 tbsp. Collection. Put on a small fire, boil for about 10 minutes. Drink the product 2 times. Preferably hot.
- Mountain ash and rose hips. Chop the berries, take 2 tablespoons of the collection. Brew in 400 ml of boiling water, boil in a water bath for no more than 10 minutes. Put aside so that the product is infused for about 7 hours. Take 1/2 cup at a time.
- Honey and butter. A very good remedy that will help you cure a cough and a runny nose. Take 50 g of each ingredient, mix.Take 1 tsp. 4 times a day.
- Raspberries and viburnum. This recipe will help you cure a cold, runny nose, cough. Grind the berries, take 2 tablespoons of each component, add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Pour the ingredients with 500 ml of boiling water, hold for 5 minutes, then strain.
- Bow. This product is considered king among other vegetables. You can also prepare an excellent cough suppressant. Take 2 onions. Finely chop, sprinkle with sugar, pour water (750 ml). Boil the syrup so that it becomes thick over low heat. Take 1 tbsp every 3 hours.
Be always healthy!