This article describes the 10 most common myths about mammoplasty.
Many modern women at least once in their life thought about changing the shape or size of their breasts. But making a decision and turning to a plastic surgeon is difficult, since such a delicate topic is surrounded by various myths and rumors.
Let's take a look at the 10 main myths about mammoplasty in this article. Here you will find answers to the questions that most often interest women who are thinking about breast plastic surgery.
When can I breastfeed after mammoplasty and is it possible to do this?Breast after mammoplasty
First myth: breast-feeding is prohibited after mammoplasty. This is a false statement.
- Modern technology allows you to install implants under the muscle tissue.
- They will not come into contact with the mammary gland and therefore breastfeeding will be safe for both mother and baby.
- Pregnant women do not have mammoplasty.
Most likely, you underwent this operation long before the birth of the baby, so you can breastfeed your baby right after he is born.
Edema after mammoplasty: does the breast lose sensitivity?
The second myth: with implants, the breast loses its sensitivity.
- Such a false statement is associated with extensive swelling of the glandular tissue.
- Edema of the sheath of the nerve roots can also affect sensitivity. But it can last for a week - no more.
- In many women, such edema after plastic surgery can lead to hypersensitivity.
All this will pass after the end of the early postoperative period, and sensitivity will return to normal.
7-10 years after mammoplasty, do breast implants need to be changed?Breast after mammoplasty
The third myth: after 7 or 10 years, the implants must be replaced.
- Such a hearing is associated with hormonal changes in a woman that occur during menopause. They affect the shape and size of the breast.
- Age-related and hormonal changes, the appearance of age-related adipose tissue - all this leads to the formation of a skin pocket.
- To breast aesthetically pleasing, repeated surgery is performed.
- But the implants themselves do not need to be replaced, especially if they are of high quality.
Implants from some manufacturers have a lifetime warranty and do not need to be replaced.
Is it possible to do without mammoplasty and increase breasts without surgery?
Myth four: breasts can be enlarged without surgery, by injection, cosmetics, and so on.
- Creams, ointments, injections - all this can not stand on a par with mammoplasty.
- Modern plastic surgeons can use lipofilling or autologous fat transplantation. These are common methods for breast augmentation when adipose tissue from other parts of the body is “transplanted” into the breast.
- But often women who do not have enough subcutaneous fat come to a plastic surgeon with a request to increase their breasts. These women have an asthenic physique, and mammary gland hypoplasia is associated with their insufficient development.
- Lipofilling does not have lasting results, and changes after surgery will affect the shape of the breast.
In addition, this procedure allows you to increase the chest only by 1 size. Therefore, the most reliable way to breast augmentation is implant replacement, which gives excellent long-term results.
Can breasts of any size be made with mammoplasty?Breast after mammoplasty
The fifth myth: mammoplasty allows you to make breasts of absolutely any size.
- The choice of implant depends on many data of the woman: growth, size of the chest and glandular tissue.
- The plastic surgeon, before, selects the correct and suitable implant, makes many calculations.
- If a woman with an asthenic physique and aplasia of the breast comes to the surgeon’s appointment and asks her to make her the 4th size of the mammary glands, then a good specialist will answer that this is impossible, especially at one stage.
- After all, it is important to get a natural result so that the breast looks physiologically beautiful.
- A skin pocket can be stretched to a large size, but in several stages.
Therefore, trust your surgeon and he will help you choose the right shape and size of the implant.
Is the implant after mammoplasty easy to detect by touch?Breast after mammoplasty
Myth six: when probing, the implant is easily determined, and it is dense and cold.
- An implant can be felt if it is not selected correctly.
- This occurs with a lack of tissue and the practical absence of a glandular component.
- Even if the implant is placed under the muscle, it is thin and can be seen through the skin.
- There are places in the chest where the implant is not completely covered, for example, on the lateral edges, and it will really be felt.
To avoid such a result, you need to listen to the surgeon's advice on choosing the most appropriate physiological implant.
Implants after mammoplasty restrict freedom of movement even several years after surgery?Breast after mammoplasty
Myth seven: implants restrict freedom of movement.
- In fact, there are no restrictions. There is only a postoperative period - 1 month for ordinary women and 1.5-2 months for athletes.
- During this period, it is worth restricting sudden movements: playing sports, any physical activity, and so on.
- You can return to normal physical activity at the end of the postoperative period.
Professional athletes should gradually return to sport, starting with light loads and increasing them to the usual norm.
Can breast cancer develop after mammoplasty?
Myth eight: after breast enlargement surgery, breast cancer may develop.
Long-term observations of American scientists suggest that the risk of developing breast cancer in women with implants is the same as in women who have not undergone mammoplasty.
Is implant damage possible?Implants for mammoplasty
Myth nine: the implant can break, and its contents will spill out.
- This is one of the most common myths. But these are only rumors that are spread by people who do not understand anything in medicine.
- The implant shell is made of thick silicone. Inside it is a silicone gel, in consistency resembling dense jelly.
- Even during experiments, the implant does not spread, and the dense shell is difficult to damage.
Modern medicine has stepped far forward. Innovative materials are created that are completely safe for human use. This also applies to implants, which are made of high-quality silicone - strong, reliable and durable.
Are sutures visible after mammoplasty?Seams after mammoplasty are inconspicuous
The tenth myth: scars after mammoplasty will be noticeable.
- After any surgery, scars remain.
- The task of plastic surgeons is to make invisible seams after mammoplasty.
- It is also important that the seams do not cause discomfort to the patient.
Women's breasts should be harmonious and they should fit perfectly with the proportions of women. For each patient, an individual breast size and shape is selected. Listen to the advice of your plastic surgeon, because the main thing is not size, but the shape, harmony and proportionality of the chest with other parts of the body: waist, hips and so on.