The article deals with the types of sports nutrition, its purpose and dosage. You will also learn recipes for home sports supplements.
In a sports nutrition store, a beginner's eyes run wide. Many supplements in the form of tablets and powders - what to choose from for muscle growth, burning fat, increasing testosterone?
We will answer all questions about sports nutrition, as well as advise which substances to use at certain stages of training.
Any specialist will tell you that no sports supplements can be compared as necessary for the body with proper nutrition. Nutrition is fuel for the body, and the full functioning of the body depends on the quality of this fuel.
During physical activity, you will need the same balanced diet as outside of sports training, with only a few clarifications.
IMPORTANT: The most important thing in sports nutrition is the balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and vitamins.
Adequate intake in the body is extremely important for any athlete carbohydrates.
- Carbohydrates are the energy reserves of the body that are consumed during fitness classes. With its deficiency, fatigue and weakness quickly ensue. In addition, with a lack of energy, it can be scooped not only from body fat, but also from muscles, which leads to depletion of muscle mass
- Pay attention to slow carbohydrates, which will provide a long charge of vitality and give strength to both training and other activities. Complex carbohydrates are found in pasta, bread, fruits and vegetables, cereal dishes, cereals, potatoes
- Deficit fat reduces performance, and also disrupts metabolic processes in the body, which leads to various health problems. The intake of fat is especially important for long-term sports that require a high level of endurance, such as cycling, long-distance running, etc. Fat is best obtained from vegetable oils, especially those useful as cedar, flaxseed, etc., oily fish, nuts seed
- Protein - The main building material for muscle tissue, it is also needed for muscle recovery after training. In small amounts, protein acts as an energy reserve. When playing sports, it is recommended to eat 2-3 g of protein per 1 kg of weight. You can get protein with foods such as lean meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, legumes, seafood
- Vitamins and Minerals are not sources of energy, but their presence is as important as nutrients. For example, vitamin D and calcium are responsible for a healthy skeleton, and oxygen saturation of the whole body depends on iron. The athlete needs the whole spectrum of vitamins and minerals for the full functioning of the body
- Pay attention to such an important indicator as the amount of drunk per day. water. Lack of moisture will cause dehydration, due to which muscle spasms are not ruled out. Water scarcity will also affect productivity and fatigue speed.
IMPORTANT: When playing sports, you need to drink 3-4 liters of fluid per day.
Here are the main points of sports nutrition:
- Eat often and at about the same time. Between the main meals, be sure to take 1-2 healthy snacks
- Compose your menu from a variety of products, alternate and replace positions to get the full amount of nutrients and vitamins with food.
- Watch the calorie content of the food, the athlete needs enough energy to exercise
- Drink up to 4 liters of water per day
Types of sports nutrition
- Supplements are special additives to the normal diet, which, as a rule, consist of natural components and affect the regulatory and metabolic processes of the body.
- Protein - a product based on a mixture of proteins
- Weight gainers - a protein-carbohydrate composition that is used most often after training to restore
- Creatine - a carboxylic acid with a nitrogen content that regulates the energy exchange in muscles and nerve cells
- Amino acids are supplements with components of complete proteins.
- Anabolic complexes are a class of supplements that effectively affect muscle growth. Often, drugs of this class do not have clinical evidence of their positive effect.
- Vitamin and Mineral Complexes
- Fat Burners - Compounds to Reduce Adipose Tissue
- Functional nutrition - foods that are consumed in addition to a normal diet. Such food is filled with substances that perform certain functions in the body: affect health, harmony, muscle mass
Sports Nutrition: Women Fat Burners for Weight Loss
The standard of a slim figure is forcing women to look for new ways to bring their body closer to the ideal. In addition to proper nutrition and training, there are fat burners - a type of sports supplement aimed at accelerating metabolism, splitting and removing fat cells from the body.
IMPORTANT: Sports fat burners are absolutely useless without exercise. Promotional drugs that promise effortless weight loss are nothing more than a marketing ploy. Such substances can have side effects and be harmful to health.
- Sports pills in their composition have only natural ingredients. These are stimulants such as guarana, caffeine, red pepper, forskolin. Such fat burners are called thermogenics, since under their action the body temperature rises, which affects the metabolic rate
- There are drugs with an additional decrease in hunger. They contain chromium, synephrine, dietary fiber
- There is also a subspecies of tablets called blockers. These are special substances that even at the stage of food digestion bind carbohydrates and fats and do not allow them to be absorbed in the body. Thus, the energy value of the products is reduced.
- Drugs for women accelerate metabolic processes of the whole body with an additional effect on the “problem” fat in the areas of the abdomen, sides, hips, buttocks
- Experts recommend using several types of fat burners at once to achieve maximum effect.
IMPORTANT: When choosing fat burners, you should not rely solely on the advice of your fitness instructor. Sports supplements should be administered under medical supervision.
Men's Weight Loss Sports Fat Burner
Male remedies for reducing body fat are different from female ones. The reason for this is the end result, to which the stronger sex strives. If a woman wants to be light and feminine, then a man has a desire for a strong, muscular, athletic body.
It is easier for a woman to endure long aerobic loads, but representatives of the strong half prefer power loads. It is more difficult for a man to jump and run, as his carbohydrate reserves are depleted faster, which means that fatigue comes faster.
That is why catecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline) and stimulants such as caffeine or guarana are added to fat burners for men.
Male drugs for weight loss are divided into:
- thermogenics - tablets, due to the action of which the body temperature rises
- diuretics - diuretics
- blockers - drugs that prevent the absorption of carbohydrates and lipids from food
- thyroid stimulants
- cortisol hormone blockers
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
IMPORTANT: Suppressors of appetite are not as popular among men as among women, since the stronger sex primarily works on muscle growth, and for this they need to eat well.
Muscle Growth Sports Nutrition For Beginners
For muscle growth, whey protein, creatine, casein, glutamine, amino acids, arginine, drugs to increase testosterone and others are used.
All these nutrients must be consumed gradually, while regularly consulting with your doctor. But where do you start a beginner?
Experts advise starting to use sports nutrition with whey protein. This product is called the cornerstone of any diet, including muscle growth diets. Whey protein is quickly absorbed by the body, it is effective and easy to use. It is convenient to use it instead of eating, if time is running out, or drinking cocktails in addition to the diet with a lack of protein.
Here is a scheme for consuming whey protein, due to which the substance will have maximum effect. All figures are for a man weighing about 90 kg.
- In the morning on an empty stomach - 20 g of whey protein. After a full sleep, the body is in the phase of splitting elements. A portion of the protein will set the body up for the synthesis of amino acids and the further growth of muscle tissue. It is important that the morning protein is fully absorbed, so make a cocktail exclusively from the protein mixture.
- Before physical activity - 20 g. The intake of pure protein before playing sports will ensure its rapid influx to the muscles, as a result of which both growth and muscle recovery will start.
- Half an hour after exercise - 40 g. This is the most important time for protein intake. Add 80 g of fast carbohydrates to the smoothie. It is also useful after a workout to drink a remedy or even several drugs that stimulate the production of insulin. Insulin accelerates the synthesis of amino acids and their delivery to muscle tissue.
Muscle Recovery Sports Nutrition
Training, of course, is important for muscle growth, but muscle recovery is no less necessary stage. After physical exertion, it is useful to go through the following procedures:
- sports massage
- steam bath
- water treatments - swimming in the pool, contrast shower
IMPORTANT: Along with the listed recovery methods, as well as sports supplements, proper nutrition and good rest, including adequate sleep, are performed.
For quick recovery, also use sports supplements.
- Protein-carbohydrate shakes stimulate glycogen production and restore muscle in the first 30-40 minutes after training
- Nitric oxide or pre-workout supplements consumed after sports accelerate the flow of nutrients to damaged muscles
- Creatine stimulates the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates, promotes the restoration and growth of muscle mass
- Vitamin E and Vitamin C, acting in combination, reduce the effect of free radicals on muscle cells
Video: How to fully recover from hard training
Sports Nutrition: Testosterone Boost
Testosterone boosters - a means to increase testosterone - are necessary for people who seek to increase muscle volume without increasing body fat.
The most appropriate will be to take such funds for men after 30 years of age, in whom there is a decrease in the synthesis of their own hormone.
IMPORTANT: Young people under the age of 20 are not allowed to use testosterone boosters so as not to cause hormonal disruptions in the growing body.
What types of testosterone boosters are there?
- Aromatase inhibitors - for a month of taking, they increase the level of the hormone by half from the initial indicator
- Tamoxifen is the most effective drug. In just a third of a month, it can increase the level of the hormone by 140%
- 6-OXO - supplement that lowers estrogen levels and increases male hormone
- Forskolin, D-Aspartic Acid, Agmatine
- ZMA - substances with clinically proven efficacy, do not have undesirable effects
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the dosages and the course of administration, you can provoke addiction of the body, as a result of which the body will produce less of its own testosterone.
Protein Nutrition: Protein
- Protein consists of amino acids - bricks, from which muscle tissue is synthesized. Proteins - this is the basis for the formation of muscles, as well as the main component of diet
- They are split in the body into amino acids, which participate in supporting the heartbeat, the synthesis of hormones and enzymes, and a significant part of them - in the development of muscles and their recovery after training
- In sports nutrition, protein is a natural substance that contains protein, purified from fats, carbohydrates and other elements.
- Sports protein is used in bodybuilding for various purposes. This is muscle building, and healthy weight loss, and maintaining good physical shape
Amino Acids: Sports Nutrition
Amino acid is a protein of any origin. Of these, body tissues, including muscles, are formed. In bodybuilding, amino acids occupy a special place, because they perform a number of important functions in the body:
- give a long charge of energy for training
- stimulate the creation of protein compounds
- catabolism (the process of destruction) is turned into anabolism (the process of creation),
- which is important both in the growth of muscle tissue, and when losing weight and drying
- break down fat cells
IMPORTANT: There are 20 types of amino acids in total, among which 9 are irreplaceable, that is, those that the body is not able to reproduce on its own.
An especially important drug based on aminoxylot in bodybuilding is BCAA - a complex that contains three essential amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, valine).
Types of Proteins in Sports Nutrition
Protein can be divided by the rate of assimilation into:
- Slow is a protein that has a low absorption rate. This includes primarily casein, as well as soy and other vegetable proteins. They have few amino acids in the composition and are considered to be defective, which is why they are never used as the main protein for muscle growth, and act only as an adjuvant
- Fast is a protein that is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. It is a whey protein that is used universally, as well as rare meat and fish proteins. Quick mixes are ideal for working on muscle growth, as they contain a large set of amino acids, and after training also stimulate the production of insulin
- Complex - a protein that contains both fast proteins for the full recovery of muscles after training, and slow ones for their long-term nutrition
By origin, proteins are divided into:
- egg white
- whey protein (concentrate, isolate, whey protein hydrolyzate)
- vegetable protein (soybean, hemp protein)
- meat protein
- fish protein
Proteins in food
- Lean meat and lean poultry
- Lean and oily fish, seafood
- Ieggs and dairy products
Sports Nutrition: Egg Protein
IMPORTANT: Egg protein is a kind of absolute in the world of proteins. It is most easily absorbed by the body, so it is considered to be a template for calculating the absorption rate of other proteins.
- Egg white consists almost entirely of albumin, while the yolk contains seven different proteins
- As for the consumption of whole eggs in food, studies have shown that eggs contain the so-called “good” cholesterol, which does not affect the level of bad cholesterol
- Therefore, you can eat eggs in large quantities. If your goal is to build muscle or keep fit, eat whole eggs. If you are in the stage of losing weight, use only protein, as there is a lot of fat in the yolk
- In sports egg protein, which is made from both whole protein and egg albumin, only the valuable properties of the protein are preserved, and the shortcomings of the eggs are eliminated
Good or bad sports nutrition protein
Protein powders are often called chemistry. However, contrary to all these opinions, protein is a completely natural product. It is produced worldwide from natural raw materials and is an additional substance in the diet.
Is it good or bad to drink protein shakes? Protein formulations will be harmful only with a strong overdose.
- An ordinary person needs 1.2 g of protein per 1 kg of his weight
- The bodybuilder, depending on his immediate purpose, needs up to 4 g of protein per 1 kg of weight. It’s more difficult to use, so an overdose is extremely rare
- The rest of the proteins are only one benefit. If you replace a protein dish with a cocktail, then you will not bring harm or benefit to the body - the body receives the same dose of protein
- If you use cocktails as snacks between meals and thereby get the daily protein intake, you are definitely doing the right thing
IMPORTANT: The ideal use for sports proteins is to use them 30-40 minutes after training to restore muscle.
Video: Sports Nutrition. Benefit or harm?
Protein-free sports nutrition
Is it possible to build muscle without the use of sports protein?
- Yes, it is quite easy to do this with the right training program, good rest, balanced nutrition and enough protein in the diet
- Many believe that you can “pump up” only by visiting the gym. However, without proper muscle recovery, proper nutrition and relaxation, you will never find beautiful and powerful muscles
- It should be remembered that protein is assimilated from different products in different ways - quickly and slowly, in full, or only 30-50% of it. Keep this in mind when composing your menu and calculating your daily protein intake.
Sports nutrition only facilitates the way to gain mass, because with it it is easy to control the use of protein, as well as cocktails - a real miracle remedy with a lack of time for a snack.
Creatine Sports Supplement
Effect of sports supplement creatine:
- Strength increase
- Increase in muscle mass up to 5 kg in 1 month
- Influence on the quality of muscle tissue
- Stimulation of the synthesis of anabolic hormones - testosterone and growth hormone
- Containment of lactic acid
IMPORTANT: In addition to athletes aimed at muscle growth, creatine is widely used and losing weight. By increasing strength indicators, increasing the speed of recovery processes, creatine also stimulates a decrease in body fat.
Glucosamine: Sports Nutrition
Glucosamine is produced by the human body to maintain cartilage and ligaments in normal form. Glucosamine sports supplement performs the following functions:
- strengthens tendons, cartilage, ligaments
- strengthens bones
- indirectly involved in muscle formation and gives them strength
- heals nails, hair, skin
- strengthens blood vessels, positively affects the work of the heart
- participates in the protective mechanisms of the body
Glucosamine is important for bodybuilders who give a high load on the ligaments and joints during weight training. Athletes who neglect caring for cartilage and tendons by the age of 40 have joint problems. Timely glucosamine prophylaxis will help to avoid these troubles.
Sports nutrition at home
If you do not want to take sports supplements obtained through chemical processes, you can arrange for yourself a real home-made sports nutrition.
We are talking about protein and protein-carbohydrate shakes, which are prepared from completely natural products. Making such drinks for yourself, you will be sure of their natural composition and the absence of toxic additives.
In addition to the products discussed in the recipes section, you will need a blender. Cocktails are prepared very simply: all the ingredients are loaded into a blender bowl and crushed into a homogeneous mass.
In the absence of a blender, preparing such drinks will be more difficult. You will need a fine grater for solid products, and you will have to mix the components into an even composition with a whisk and the lion's share of patience.
IMPORTANT: The advantage of buying a blender for home sports nutrition is that it can be used to grind nuts and seeds, which are important components of healthy protein shakes.
Home sports nutrition: choosing products
The basis for any cocktail is milk. The fatter it is, the more protein it contains, however, with high fat content, protein is also absorbed worse. On the advice of specialists, choose a product with a fat content of 2-2.5%. For lactose intolerance, use natural freshly squeezed fruit juice.
But in the case of cottage cheese, boldly purchase a completely fat-free product. Protein and carbohydrates from cottage cheese are important in the cocktail, but not its animal fat at all.
To improve the taste, add cinnamon, cocoa, berries or rub some black elite chocolate.
IMPORTANT: Protein shakes prepared at home are only useful fresh, so drink them immediately after preparation. The regimen for taking cocktails is the same as for purchased protein mixtures - before training, half an hour after it, and instead of snacks.
Sports Nutrition: Cocktail Recipes
- 300 ml of milk, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 ripe banana
- 300 ml of milk, 1 ripe banana, 1 apple without skin, 1 tbsp. Sahara
- 300 ml of milk, 2 chicken proteins, 2 bananas, 1 tbsp. Sahara
- 200 ml of kefir, 60 g of milk powder, 1 tbsp. jam, 1 tsp Sahara
- 200 ml of fresh orange juice, 50 g of cottage cheese 0% fat, 0.5 banana, 25 g of dark chocolate or cocoa, 1 tsp preserves
Sports nutrition: reviews
Sports nutrition is consumed by both beginners and experienced athletes. All known and much accomplished bodybuilders also resort to various supplements.
The completely natural composition of sports nutrition allows you to call it extremely useful, and in case of improper use - harmless. Therefore, reviews of sports nutrition are positive, they vary only from manufacturer to manufacturer: some formulations are more effective.
Despite the obvious benefits of sports supplements for muscle growth, weight loss and keeping fit, be sure to consult your doctor before using them.