In this article you will find answers to questions about the psychological aspect of losing weight.
Overweight in a woman or man is not always associated with a genetic predisposition, a tendency to overeat, or a sedentary lifestyle. In addition to all these factors, there are quite innocuous, at first glance, habits that contribute to the acquisition of extra pounds.
Weight gaining habits
IMPORTANT: If you analyze your behavior, in a restaurant at the buffet, at a party or at home, you will find that you develop the tendency to be full yourself.
- From several options for plates, you choose the one that is larger. Putting a small amount of food in it and leaving an empty space, a person psychologically tunes in to the fact that food is not enough. If the large plate is full, then, for sure, such a portion will be too large for you. To avoid overeating, it is better to take a small and shallow plate.
- In the restaurant you prefer to sit facing the buffet. If you see a variety of beautifully decorated dishes, you will definitely want to try as much as possible.
- At home, you should not leave sandwiches, cookies or sweets on the table, because every time you pass by, you will want to have a bite. Store food in the refrigerator or cupboard immediately after eating.
- Try not to leave anything on the plate. This habit was established in childhood, when a portion quickly eaten to the end caused the approval and praise of parents. Think about it, because now you are most likely also raising your children with all your love. If you feel full, move the plate away, not regretting throwing away food or being afraid to offend the hostess.
- Eat in a hurry and chew food insufficiently thoroughly. It is noted that a full person makes about 12 chewing movements per piece of food, while for proper digestion you need to perform at least 30. In addition, with fast absorption of food, the brain does not receive saturation information on time, and you can eat twice more than necessary.
- Do not pay enough attention to the choice of dishes and do not focus on the process of eating. When you are visiting or a restaurant, you immediately fill your plate without looking at the assortment. As a result, you still can’t refuse your favorite dishes, even if you notice them after all random food. You often eat at home, sitting at the computer or in front of the TV, not noticing what you ate. Usually the process ends only after the end of the program or film, and not when you are really full.
- You "jam" all negative emotions, replacing the pleasure of life with the pleasure of food. It is food that becomes for you a universal comforter and the main way to cheer you up.
- Neglect breakfast. The lack of a full breakfast increases the risk of developing obesity by 4 times.
Habits that inhibit the process of losing weight
So, you have made up your mind to lose weight and make every effort to this, it would seem, but the weight is not reduced. Having written off everything on genetics, many give up or put off weight loss until better times.
IMPORTANT: In fact, there are a number of mistakes made by people who dream of becoming slim.
- After a firm decision to lose extra pounds, the first thought to become is "not to eat." In the event of a sharp restriction of food or starvation, the body, not getting enough calories, goes into stress mode and begins to burn "unnecessary" resources - muscle tissue. Fat deposits in this case are the main reserve for "hard times". To avoid this situation, you should gradually switch to low-calorie food, eating it often, in small portions. In this case, it is necessary to monitor the number of calories and ensure the receipt of not lower than your basic metabolism. Otherwise, the body will respond with a sharp decrease in activity - fatigue, lethargy, apathy.
- Second the thought of losing weight will be - "from Monday I’m going to the gym." Exercise, of course, helps to lose weight, tighten muscles and get a boost of energy. But all efforts will be in vain if, after returning from training, you continue to eat high-calorie foods, drink sweet carbonated drinks and do not refuse flour and sweets. For the process of losing weight, it is not necessary to exhaust yourself with hours of training, just give up fatty, sweet and increase activity - move as much as possible.
- Third it will be a mistake to believe in the "magic" means with which advertising headlines are full. Resist the psychological impact of advertising and promises of quick weight loss. Any pills, dietary supplements and express diets will cause tremendous harm to your body, returning the lost pounds and adding new problems. Hormonal disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, skin aging, hair loss - this is a small list of the consequences of rapid weight loss.
- Psychological attitude may also affect inhibition of weight loss. If you feel fat and do not see the opportunity to change, with your thoughts you are setting yourself to the futility of all attempts. Imagine yourself slim, let your thoughts tune in to the joy of a beautiful, fit figure, and you will see how the desire turns into reality.
Weight Loss Habits
In addition to low-calorie nutrition and increased physical activity, you need to try to develop some useful habits that help in the fight against extra pounds. Using the methods of psychological weight loss, you will quickly achieve the desired result.
- Purchase food in sufficient quantities once a week, trying to abandon white bread, confectionery, fatty and canned foods. If your refrigerator is filled with healthy foods within a week, you will have less chance of eating something harmful.
- Having determined your portion of food, take away the pot or salad bowl so that there is no temptation to put yourself supplements. Try to eat a small portion slowly, chewing thoroughly. Then, in spite of the small amount of food, a signal of saturation will enter the brain.
- In the refrigerator, place healthy foods so that they immediately fall into view. Psychologically, this technique will help get rid of a sense of restriction in the choice of products. Be sure to wash the fruits and put them in a prominent place - so you eat them much more.
- Take a walk after dinner. Walking in the fresh air will save you from the risk of having a dessert before going to bed, help digestion and saturate the body with oxygen.
- Do not forget about water. Every morning should start with a glass of clean water, and during the day you need to drink at least 1.5-2 liters of table water without gas. A glass of water drunk 20 minutes before eating will also help you avoid eating too much.
How to unlearn seize stress, trouble, worries?
The so-called food dependence is formed from the habit of replacing food with a lack of positive emotions. More often this addiction is shown by women, as they are more emotionally excitable and vulnerable than representatives of the stronger sex. If you want to lose weight, then you need to learn how to cope with the desire to seize problems and worries.
- Listen to yourself and determine your mood. Having determined the presence of negative emotions - anger, resentment, fear, anxiety, you will learn to distinguish between emotional and physiological hunger.
- Try to relax and dream a little. Think about what gives you pleasure - positive emotions will relieve tension from the center of saturation.
- Movement will also distract you from emotional stress - take a walk, turn on the music and dance or do the cleaning.
- Talk to a loved one who is ready to listen to you. Having discussed the problems with your girlfriend, you will remove the burden of negativity and calm down.
- Try to fill your life with pleasant impressions - learn to relax and see positive moments, even in everyday things.
The brain is responsible for overweight and getting rid of it
Often, problems with excess weight are formed at the subconscious level and can be associated with the psychological attitude, mental trauma or the general life position of a person. Realizing the reasons, you need to tune in to radical changes.
First of all, you need to change your attitude towards yourself.
IMPORTANT: The desire to look in the mirror with pleasure, to like oneself and to feel confident in one’s capabilities will become the basis for the desire to act.
You need to learn to truly love yourself and understand that only a few steps remain to the desired perfection.
Set a goal for yourself - why do I want to lose weight?
Many associate the acquisition of a slim figure with changes in communication with others, career development and personal life. It is important to have not only an abstract idea that thin people are always successful, but to determine the desired effect for themselves.
IMPORTANT: Whatever your motive - to feel confident while on vacation at sea, to buy an elegant sheath dress, to return the attention of a loved one or to get rid of complexes - this will be only your desire and it will give you the necessary strength to go to the gym and giving up your favorite cake.
How does studying the success of other people affect the process of losing weight?
It is very important not to be alone, even on the way to lose weight. If you do not find support among family and friends, meet people with similar problems in the gym or network. Setting specific goals and deadlines, sharing experiences will help you not to “break loose” and achieve the desired effect. Equally important is communication with those who can successfully demonstrate the result of their efforts. The positive experience of "miraculous transformation" will allow you to gain confidence in your abilities.