In this article, you will find out what joint diseases magnetotherapy treats.
With age, the joints wear out and begin to make themselves felt with pain, limited movements, swelling. It is important to know that in such situations, a physiological procedure such as magnetotherapy can help. We learn about it in this article.
What is magnetotherapy?It looks like a room and a device for conducting magnetotherapy
Magnetotherapy - treatment of joints with a device that passes constant and variable magnetic waves through a diseased joint of a person.
It is known that joint diseases occur when the synovial fluid washing the bones and allowing them to move freely is not enough. A device that produces magnetic fields causes the following manifestations in disturbing joints:
- It makes weak swirling movements in the joint fluid
- Affects joint inflammation
- The walls of the cells of the joints and cartilage get the opportunity to better absorb nutrients
- Prevents the development of pathogenic bacteria
- Blood circulates better to the joints.
- Blood coagulation decreases and blood clots do not form
- The condition of blood vessels and nerve endings improves
- Enhances the effect of drugs
The device acts on the change of low variable frequencies with high pulse frequencies.
Low frequencies in the body act as follows:
- Improve blood circulation
- Dilate blood vessels
- Stimulate the endocrine system
- Inhibit the formation of tumors
High magnetic frequencies have the following effects in the body:
- Reduce inflammation
- Heal wounds
- Improve muscle contraction
The device with magnetic fields is available in all clinics in which there is a physiotherapy department. A referral to a magnetotherapy is given by the attending physician, given the existing chronic diseases.
But if for some reason you cannot visit the clinic, then the device with low and high frequency waves, but of a smaller size, can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Attention. When purchasing an apparatus that emits magnetic fields, one should strictly take into account all the contraindications available for magnetotherapy.
What joint diseases does magnetotherapy treat?This is how cartilage looks in a healthy joint and arthrosis
The following diseases are treated with magnetotherapy.:
- Different types of arthritis
- Bursitis (inflammation of the bag with synovial fluid)
- Bad bone fusion after fracture
- Ligament inflammation, sprains and bruises
Contraindications to the use of magnetotherapy
Magnetotherapy is useful for joint diseases, but there are many contraindications when this type of physiotherapeutic procedure cannot be taken:
- The presence in the human body of a pacemaker or other prosthesis
- Alcohol or drug intoxication
- Active tuberculosis
- Acute chronic diseases
- Severe hypertension (grade 3, 4)
- Severe liver and kidney disease
- Mental illness and epilepsy
- Thyroid problems
- Malignant tumors
- Purulent inflammation
- During menstruation
- Frequent bleeding
- Sensitivity to magnetic vibrations
- Children under 2 years old
How is magnetotherapy performed in the clinic?Conducting a magnetotherapy session
An apparatus for conducting magnetotherapy can be in the form of a circle where the arm or leg is placed, or in the form of a magnetic belt that is superimposed on a sore joint.
The procedure is carried out in the following sequence:
- Before the session, the patient removes all jewelry and metal objects.
- To enhance the effect of the magnetic field, you need to drink 1 glass of pure water.
- The patient lies on the couch, and the employee connects the device. There will be no unpleasant sensations, only a small vibration in a sore spot. Particularly sensitive people can feel the heat inside the affected joint. The magnetic field acts to a depth of 4 cm.
- The session lasts 15-60 minutes, depending on the doctor's prescription. Such sessions will require 10-15, every other day or every day. The effect of treatment is noticeable already in a 2-3 session, but you need to visit all the prescribed procedures, since the disease can return.
So, we learned how to treat joints with magnetotherapy.