In the article you will learn information about how to learn how to play poker. Also read game secrets and rules, winning combinations.
Poker is a popular card game. Its main goals are to get bets of playing rivals. You can get them in two ways. The first is to collect the highest poker hand consisting of 4 or 5 cards (depending on the type of game). The second is when the player forces you to stop alternately all the other participants in the game due to an increase in bets.
Poker Rules for Beginners
There are many varieties of poker. The classic version of this game is texas poker. It is the rules of this traditional game that we will study further. As mentioned earlier, the goal of a card game is to receive all participants' cash bets.Poker Rules
The process is as follows:
From two participants to ten people can immediately play poker. At the beginning, two players make bets (chips) clockwise from the dealer. These bets are charged, even before the start of the bidding itself, so that the players enter into excitement.
Further it is allowed to make basic bets. When playing, all participants use specific slang:
- Bet (put) - which means: place a bet
- Raise (raise) - bet more than the opponent
- Fold (reset) - open cards, end the game
- Check (skip) - skip the bet and leave everything at the same level, do not make any investments
- Call (answer) - call, or in other words - make the same bet as the previous player
Trading ends only after all participants have placed bets or opened cards.
If the game continues after the first betting round (more than one participant is left), then three open cards are put on the table, which are used to make up various combinations. This action is called - flop.
In the next circle, the fourth card is still displayed (turn).
Next, lay out another common card (river) After which there is a trade. If even after this there are two participants left, they can open their cards. In such a situation, the winning combination of one of the two players wins. Also, if one of the players places a big money bet and isn’t interrupted, he may not open his own card combination and automatically wins all the opponents' bets.
Poker combinations in ascending order: table
To know in what order the winning combinations of cards in poker go, you will have to study the table below. Here, the positions are indicated in order as they should be: starting from a royal flush, ending with a high card.Winning hand table
If you describe them in ascending order, you get the following:
- High card - of two such combinations, the player with the highest status card in his hand wins. More precisely: the ace beats the king, the lady of the jack, etc.
- Couple. Two identical cards of five in status form a pair. Again, two aces are higher in status than two ladies. Accordingly, a player with two aces wins the game.
- Two pairs. The name speaks for itself. If you have two kings, for example, and two sevens of any suit, then your alignment fits this group.
- Set. This layout of cards consists of four different suits, but the same status cards. For example, four aces, and the fifth card can be any.
- Straight - when cards of different suits are collected in ascending order of status (for example: ten, jack, queen, king, ace).
- Flash. The layout is five cards of the same suit in a scattered order.
- Full house. In this situation, there are three cards of the same status, plus another pair.
- Square - when the player has collected the alignment of four cards of the same status.
- Straight flush - a combination of five cards of the same suit, going strictly in ascending order. The eldest in this situation may be the king.
- Royal Flush - this is the most advantageous combination when in the player’s hand cards of only one of the same suit are collected, from ten to an ace.
IMPORTANT: There are ten winning positions in the poker card game. If two opponents have the same hands, but different suits, then the win is divided into two.
Poker combinations by seniority: strong, highest, winning
Any poker “hand” consists of five cards. The winner is the one with the best combination and an older card.
- The most winning layout is Royal Flush (five consecutive cards of the same suit, led by an ace).
- Royal Flush always beat straight flush.
- BUT straight flush (five consecutive cards of the same suit) will beat square (four cards of the same rank, but different in suit).
IMPORTANT: Based on the foregoing, you can conclude that the most winning combinations of cards in poker are those that are higher in the table. Still - these are cards of a big rank (ace, king, queen). With a combination of cards, which are described at the end of the list, it is very difficult to win the game, especially if they have a low status.
Weak combinations in poker
Weak “hands” of a small status (jacks, tens, etc.) in a composition are two pairs, a pair, a high card. More with newbies who collect straight flush or simply flash during the game with a low status of the highest card, sometimes there are disappointments when the last cards are drawn in the wrong suit.Weak Hand Positions - Poker
IMPORTANT: If your combination leaves much to be desired, then in no case show it at the table with your behavior to your rivals. Remember: you have the opportunity to get a win by increasing your bet.
Three cards of the same suit by seniority in poker
This situation in poker gambling gives nothing. In any case, the player should collect at least two pairs or two more cards of the same suit. In this case, victory is possible.Poker game - card combinations
Playing poker equates to gambling. Some people devote their lives to this activity. Indeed, thanks to poker, you can become rich, and this is precisely the reason that attracts addicts. But there is another side to poker. You can play all your cash in cards literally in one evening. Therefore, it is better to reason sensibly and not give in to temptation, not to make big bets, especially if you are a beginner.