In this article, you will learn all about Magnesium B6.
The drug "Magnesium B6" is a medicine-a mixture of the trace element magnesium and vitamin B6. It turns out that they were mixed together because they are better absorbed by our body. What helps "Magnesium B6"? What diseases does it cure? Who can take the drug, and who can not? How much? Find out in this article.
What is the preparation "Magnesium B6", and what is it useful for?
The trace element magnesium is in our body, its approximately 30 g. Most of it is in the bones, less - in the blood, muscles, brain and heart.
What is magnesium for?
- Proper metabolism (protein assimilation).
- The elimination of toxins from the body.
- Recovery of damaged cells.
- Magnesium is responsible for muscle relaxation (calcium - for contraction).
- Helps insulin regulate blood sugar.
- It monitors blood pressure, maintains it normal.
- Calming the nervous system with irritability.
- Sleep enhancements.
- Reduces pain in muscles and joints.
If the body lacks magnesium, then there is a lack of potassium, you will feel this in the following manifestations:
- summer heat is poorly tolerated
- constant fatigue
- drowsiness and malaise
Magnesium and calcium in the body are rivals. If there is not enough magnesium, then the following painful phenomena and diseases can develop on the basis of calcium:
- twitching and leg cramps
- calcification (the formation of calcium salts on internal organs and inside)
- violation of heart contractions
First, deficiency of magnesium is eliminated, and then calcium.
Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is needed in the body for the following purposes.:
- Helps to absorb fatty foods (fats and proteins).
- It helps to absorb the oxalic amino acid in the liver, if vitamin B6 is not enough, the amino acid combines with calcium, and stones form in the bladder and kidneys.
- Regulates the nervous system.
Both elements - magnesium and vitamin B6 in the preparation "Magnesium B6" depend on one another, if one is missing, then the other will not be enough.Magnesium and Vitamin B6 in Magnesium B6 supplement each other.
Why magnesium and vitamin B6 may be lacking in the body, how to find out that they are lacking, and how to replenish with Magnesium B6?
Why is there a lack of magnesium and vitamin B6 in the body?
- An insufficient amount of magnesium-rich food is used (sesame, whole grain bread, sunflower seeds, buckwheat, soy, halva, sunflower kale, nuts: pine, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts).
- Not enough vitamin B6-rich foods (pistachios, sunflower seeds, bran bread, garlic, beans, soy, salmon, mackerel, tuna, sesame, nuts: walnuts, hazelnuts).
- The use of modern land cultivation technologies, the introduction of a large number of pesticides, which led to a loss of magnesium by almost a quarter in comparison with the beginning of the last century.
- The use in food of a large number of refined products, spreads.
- A lot of stressful situations.
- The use of contraceptives.
- Frequent use of laxatives.
- Frequent use of alcohol.
- During pregnancy.
- With hormonal changes in the body (puberty in adolescent girls, menopause in older women).
- After practicing hard physical labor.
How to find out that there is not enough magnesium in the body?
- Leg cramps at night
- Sweating a lot
- Fast fatiguability
- Loss of sleep or frequent dreams with nightmares
- Tingling, goosebumps and itching in arms and legs
- Frequent constipation or diarrhea
- No appetite, nausea
- High blood pressure and heart failure
- High blood sugar
- In pregnant women: at an early stage of pregnancy, severe toxicosis, at the late stage, strong movements of the child in the womb due to oxygen starvation.
Note. Recently, scientists have proved that a constant lack of magnesium for a long time can cause stroke, heart attack, tumor formation, and diabetes mellitus.
Lack of magnesium and vitamin B6 in the body can make up for the drug "Magnesium B6." It is produced by the pharmaceutical industry:
- In pills
- In ampoules
- In gel form, for oral administration
Note. The drug "Magnesium B6" in ampoules is intended for oral administration to small children, people with rare diseases of the digestive tract when the food is poorly absorbed.
If you observe signs of a lack of magnesium, you need to go to the local therapist, and he will order a blood test. From the result of the analysis, you will find out if magnesium is enough or not.
The drug "Magnesium B6"
Note. If the content of magnesium in the blood 17 mg / l is the norm, 12-17 mg / l is acceptable, less than 12 mg / l is the deficit.
What diseases does the doctor prescribe "Magnesium B6", how much does a person need, and how to take it?
The drug "Magnesium B6" improves the condition of the body with the following diseases:
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels (angina pectoris, hypertension). For heart diseases, treatment is carried out with the "Magnesium B6" preparation in large doses (up to 4-6 mg per 1 kg of human weight), with high blood pressure - magnesia injections.
- Type 2 diabetes. Especially the “Magnesium B6” preparation needs to be taken in the period before diabetes (the condition when the disease is just starting), but it is not too late during the disease - magnesium helps cells to better perceive insulin.
- Osteoporosis. In this disease, magnesium should be taken with calcium, but not together, but in turn: magnesium, then calcium - 1: 2.
- Frequent Depression and Nervous Conditions. Magnesium helps in the production of serotonin - the hormone of happiness.
- Women with severe pain before menstruation.
- Pregnant women, especially if blood pressure rises significantly.
- Women with menopause.
- Autistic children.
The drug "Magnesium B6" improves the condition, relieves high blood pressure during pregnancy
Note. The body loses a lot of magnesium with heavy sweating from physical exertion.
How much does a person need magnesium per day?
- Children 1-3 years of age - 85 mg
- Children 3-8 years old - 125 mg
- Children 8-16 years of age - 240 mg
- Women 17-60 years old - 350 mg
- Men 17-60 years old - 400 mg
- Pregnant women - 400-420 mg
- For men and women after 60 years - 420 mg
- Athletes - 500-600 mg
Attention. 1 tablet contains 48 mg of concentrated substance.
The drug "Magnesium B6" in ampoules the doctor prescribes to children 1-6 years old, up to 4 ampoules per day. The contents of the ampoule are diluted with 0.5 cups of water and drunk with food. Adults can also take the drug "Magnesium B6" in ampoules.The analogue of the drug "Magnesium B6" - "Magne B6" in ampoules
With a large deficiency of magnesium in the body, as well as with malabsorption (poor absorption and absorption of all or several nutrients in the small intestine), magnesium preparations are administered in ampoules intravenously.
Attention. A child can take Magnesium B6 if it weighs more than 10 kg.
In tablets, the preparation "Magnesium B6" usually a doctor prescribes in the amount of:
- Children 6-17 years old - 4-6 pieces per day, divided into 3 doses
- Adults - 6-8 pieces in 3 divided doses
A course of treatment "Magnesium B6" - 2-4 weeks, until the level of magnesium ions in the blood rises to normal.
Attention. The doctor prescribes the drug "Magnesium B6" not only for the above diseases, but also after taking a course of drugs with calcium, zinc, diuretics in the treatment of kidneys.
Keep in mind. Magnesium entering the body from the preparation “Magnesium B6” is not completely absorbed, but only by 50%.
Who should not take the drug "Magnesium B6", and who should limit its intake?
The drug "Magnesium B6" is useful, improves the condition of patients with many diseases, but nevertheless, not everyone can take it.
Who should not take "Magnesium B6"?
- Children under 1 year old
- Women breastfeeding a baby
- In severe kidney disease
- People allergic to magnesium components
- Lactose intolerant, fructose
Who needs to strictly monitor the intake of the drug "Magnesium B6", and take at a certain time?
- Magnesium should not be taken with drugs that treat Parkinson's disease.
- Magnesium should not be taken with blood clots.
- A magnesium preparation can be taken 3 hours after taking drugs from the tetracycline group (magnesium preparations interfere with the absorption of tetracyclines).
- A magnesium preparation interferes with the absorption of iron, therefore, components containing magnesium and iron should be taken separately.
In cases where there is a kidney disease, and they can not remove magnesium residues from the body, or the drug "Magnesium B6" is taken for a long time without a doctor's prescription, it happens overdose of magnesium and vitamin B6.
Overdose is manifested by the following symptoms:
- It’s hard to breathe
- Constipation or diarrhea and abdominal pain
- Lack of coordination of movements (with an excess of vitamin B6)
- In a pinch - coma
What are the analogues of the drug "Magnesium B6"?
If you can’t find a cheap Russian-made Magnesium B6 in pharmacies, you can buy magnesium analogues other firms:
- Magne-B6 (France)
- "Magnelis B6" (Russia)
- Beres + (Hungary)
- Magnefar (Poland)
- "Magvit B6" (Poland)
- "Magnikum" (Ukraine)
- "Cholespazmin" (Ukraine)
- Magnesium + (Netherlands)
- Magne Express (Austria)
So, now we know what the “Magnesium B6” preparation is intended for, what diseases it treats, to whom it is contraindicated, and with what it can be replaced.