This article describes prostate diseases. You will also learn how to diagnose pathologies of this organ.
Women's health is directly related to the health of the pelvic organs. In men, health depends on the condition of the prostate gland. Its dimensions are important, which can begin to change at a certain age. Inflammation, hormonal changes and other factors affect this process. Read more about the diseases of this important organ and how treatment is performed, read in this article.
What are the sizes of the prostate in men after 50 years: the norm for ultrasoundProstate in men
Deviation from the norm is the growth of the prostate gland. To determine if there is a pathology, it is necessary to know the established norms for a certain age.
The size of the body by age:
- From 16 - 20 years - the volume of the prostate is 18 - 20 cm³.
- From 20 - 30 years - volume 20 - 25 cm³.
- From 30 - 50 years - volume 25 - 30 cm³.
- From 50 - and more years - a volume of 30 cm³.
- For men over 50 years of age, the size of the prostate can be 30-35 cm³.
An increase in the organ is noted with adenoma, chronic prostatitis and the development of other pathologies. There is a special formula for determining the size of the prostate by age:
- V = 0.13 * V + 16.4where: V - volume of the prostate gland, AT - age.
By indicators Ultrasound scan volume can be measured through the abdominal cavity, rectum, urethra. In this case, it is necessary to pay attention to the symmetry of the prostate gland. Normal for Ultrasound scan they usually have a uniform structure.
Worth knowing: Prostate growth after 50 years, is a surge of hormones II, with an increase in estrogen and a decrease in testosterone.
If you experience problems with urination at this age, regular medical examination is necessary. Therefore, if you have any health problems, immediately seek help from a doctor - a urologist, therapist, and surgeon.
Adenoma, prostatic hyperplasia in men after 50 years: how to massage?Prostate in men: massage
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is quite common in men after 50 years and more advanced age. Annually, new cases of prostate adenoma are recorded. The search for effective and less traumatic methods of treating such diseases is becoming increasingly important. Massage refers to techniques that give an effect in the early stages of the disease. How to massage? Here are some tips:
- With adenoma and prostatic hyperplasia, mechanical rectal action with a finger is indicated.
- The patient should be in a knee-elbow position or on his side with pressed knees.
- The doctor inserts a finger into the rectum to a depth 3-5 cm, gropes a seal on the front wall of the rectal ampoule and performs manipulations.
During the massage, three techniques are used:
- Circular movements from the edges of the prostate to the center.
- Longitudinal manipulation from the edges to the groove of the gland and from top to bottom along the groove.
- Massage movements in the form of a figure eight.
You can apply one of these techniques or all three in series.
Worth knowing: At the beginning of the massage, the effect on the organ is minimal. At the first sign of discomfort, the massage stops. Then the manipulations can become longer and more intense.
Rectal massage with prostate adenoma at the beginning of the development of pathology, brings tangible relief, relieves pain. In the later stages of the disease, this treatment technique is considered ineffective, and its use is fraught with increased pain and even greater violation of urination.
Massage the prostate to a husband by a woman: videoProstate in men: massage
The effectiveness of massage for prostate disease has been proven for a long time. This is an unpleasant procedure that no man likes to do. Usually such manipulations are performed by a urologist right at the reception. However, men often feel awkward and embarrassed. What to do? Health is more important and therefore, if the doctor prescribes such a procedure, then it must be taken.
Before the procedure you need to prepare:
- Give your husband a cleansing enema. Lubricate its tip with petroleum jelly, pour 200 ml of cool water and enter it into the intestines.
- He should drink 1 liter of clean water 30 minutes before the massage.. The bladder should be full before the session.
- Wear sterile latex gloves, so as not to introduce an infection into the anus.
The technique and tips on how to do prostate massage are described above. It is not recommended to perform this session if there are such pathologies:
- Urolithiasis of the kidneys
- Tumor or cysts in the prostate gland
- Anal fissure
Tip: Before the procedure, be sure to consult a doctor. He will tell you whether it is possible to do such a massage and how to properly perform it.
If the man still refuses to go to the urologist and do the massage in the hospital, there is an alternative - massage the prostate gland to the husband by the woman, his wife. In fact, it is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. You only need to understand how to do it right. In many couples, a woman does prostate massage to her man for pleasure. Watch a video on this topic:
Video: Massage the prostate at home. Doctor's recommendations.
If a man is shy and his wife, then you can do this massage yourself. This video explains everything in detail:
Video: Prostate massage with prostatitis - on your own at home. To increase potency
Prostate Treatment: How is it?
The form of treatment for the prostate gland depends on the degree of the disease. There is no universal way. There are three classic treatments:
Drug treatment It is prescribed both at the initial stage of treatment, and in parallel with the surgical method. The most common forms of drug treatment:
- Antispasmodic drugs
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
Folk way - treatment at home, improvised natural methods.
- After consulting with a doctor, you can determine for yourself the most convenient method.
- The most common treatment is pumpkin seeds.
- By including them in your diet on a regular basis, you can saturate your body with the necessary zinc, which helps the body cope with violations in the prostate gland.
Remember: Before choosing a drug from traditional medicine methods, be sure to consult a doctor. Self-medication is dangerous to health and life!
In which cases a complete organ removal is performed or when a surgical method of treatment is used, read below.
When is an operation to remove the prostate in men?Prostate in men
Surgical method - This is a treatment for the prostate with surgery. When is an operation to remove the prostate in men? Here is the answer:
- It is prescribed in case of neglect and exacerbation, for example, with the formation of a cyst, cancerous growths, bleeding, purulent wounds, pathological narrowing of the ureter, stones, and so on.
Surgical treatment should be prescribed only by a specialist. The most popular surgical method is transurethral resectoscopy and laparoscopy:
- Transurethral surgery implies a partial or complete removal of the prostate by introducing a resectoscope (special tube).
- In this case, the patient’s consent is required before this operation.
- If as removal of prostate pathologies was selected laparoscopy method, then the operation will take place according to modern methods, using microscopic incisions.
It is worth noting that laparoscopy is the least traumatic method of surgical intervention.
Symptoms of inflammation and other diseases of the prostate glandProstate in men
The prostate is the male gland located under the bladder, covering part of the urethra. The prostate gland produces a secret that promotes sperm movement. In addition, this body regulates the work of the urethra. What pathologies of the prostate are found in men? Here are the symptoms of inflammation and other diseases of the prostate gland:
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate.
- It can be acute and chronic, bacterial and non-bacterial.
- First, an acute condition occurs, in the absence of proper treatment, it can become chronic.
- Rapid urination.
- Elevated body temperature.
Prostate Adenoma - Tissue Hyperplasia. Visually, it looks like tissue growth.
- Repeated urge for a short period of time.
- Weak stream of urine.
- Discharge in the form of drops.
Prostate cancer is a malignant tumor.
- Inadequate urine pressure.
- A feeling of constant fullness of the bladder.
- Burning and pain during urination.
An abscess of the prostate is a serious infectious and inflammatory disease.
- A very dangerous condition, as it can lead to the occurrence of sepsis or peritonitis.
- Elevated body temperature.
- Tachycardia. Cardiovascular abnormalities can also be observed (for example, high blood pressure and so on).
- Throbbing pain.
- Difficult urination.
- The tubercle is above the pubis.
Sclerosis or fibrosis of the prostate is the last stage of prostatitis.
- Difficulty urinating
- Perineal pain
- Pain during urination
- Erection problems
- Lower libido
- Add blood in urine.
All these diseases are dangerous and need timely treatment. Therefore, if a disease occurs, you should immediately consult a doctor.